• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving and antibiotics

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eren

Jul 25, 2000
I was planning to take a trip to Assos near Canakkale, Turkey to freedive for a couple of days, but unfortunately I have cut my thumb and the doctor gave me an antibiotics to use. Do you have any idea whether it is dangerous or risky to freedive while using antibiotics? (I plan to dive to a maximum of 20-25 m). I need urgent answer for I will be on the road in two days.

Thank you and greetings to freediver community...
eren

It's name is Largopen - Amoksisilin
it is a wide spectrum antibiotic in the form of pills.

and do you know if it's dangerous with ventolin(asthma), I forgot to ask the doctor if it's dangerous with freediving:confused:

Also how deep do you plan on diving and is your cut infected?
What did your Dr. do to treat your wound besides giving
you the antibiotic?

Matthieu asthma is a whole different ball of wax. I would
ask my Dr and be Very careful. You don't want to risk reaching
the surface and not being able to get that first breath of life.

If the antibiotic was given to prevent an infection, you usually only take it for a day or two, so you should be fine in a few days. If it was already infected, it may be longer. I would go ahead and dive if your not having any symptoms.

I was on various antibiotics for 3 ½ years due to a chronic prostate infection. I absolutely hate them, but some times there is no choice. Needless to say, in order to do anything, I had to do it while on them. Long-term use makes you fatigue and lowers your immune system. Best thing to do while on them, and for a week after, is to take acidophilus and restore your good bacteria.

I have never heard of an asthmatic having trouble breathing at the end of a dive if they didn’t already have trouble before the dive. But Asthma is really a symptom, not a disease. It is what triggers the asthma that you need to know. Many Asthmatics do better when around and in salt water. Chlorinated water is even better. Many of the U.S. best swimmers over the years were asthmatics that got their start when their parents put them in swimming to give them exercise. A good friend, who suffers badly, does great on filtered scuba air.
don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT