• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving buddy in Mauritius

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi, I'm planning to be In MRU around this x-mass and new year. For holidays that is.

Hello,

December is a great time to dive in Mauritius.. The water is the warmest (Deep into summer season).
If you need a dive buddy at that time, you can contact me.
Cheers.

Going to Mauritius in january on a golftrip with clients. I am a golfpro and we will be staying at Tamarina Boutique hotel or something like that looking to go a week in advance.

How is the diving, heard recently someone being there trying a dive and being disappointed, good be unlucky dive.
Where should i stay? Not looking for luxury, just beach, drinks and diving

Thanks

Going to Mauritius in january on a golftrip with clients. I am a golfpro and we will be staying at Tamarina Boutique hotel or something like that looking to go a week in advance.

How is the diving, heard recently someone being there trying a dive and being disappointed, good be unlucky dive.

Thanks

Mauritius is not a bad place to dive, but don't expect a very vibrant reef. In Dec there will be sharks where you can dive with. The best locations for diving is definitely in the North. And there are plenty of dive-stores.

Hello,

December is a great time to dive in Mauritius.. The water is the warmest (Deep into summer season).
If you need a dive buddy at that time, you can contact me.
Cheers.

I'll definitely hook with you, thanks!

Thanks

Hello,

If you are looking for nightlife then the North is the place for you. The Flic en Flac region (West of the island) is relatively crowded than the North and you may get less expensive accomodations.

Some of the best diving places are along the West and North Coast of the island. The South Coast has very rough seas. In any case if you are looking for depth of 20 Metres or more, you may need to rent a boat since the water inside the reefs are not that deep.

Cheers!

Anyone in Mauritius around looking for a dive buddy? I’m a freediver looking for local knowledge and deep water. Just arrived in Pereyber (N W of the island) and staying in Mauritius for 3 weeks.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT