• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Clinics in S.Florida?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TJ00

Feb 8, 2003
Just wondering if anyone has any recomendations for freediving instruction in the South Florida area?. Found 2 on the net but have not found any recomendations. Looking mainly for beginner or intermediate level course to start.
Thanks, Henry

I've heard that performance freediving is pretty good. I have not heard anything about Ricardo's SAFER.
Safe diving,
Erik

Thanks, Eric. Hopefully I can check them out this summer (whoops, its already here!).

maybe im lost... Wasn't performance freediving in California??? Did he branch out?

Performance

They do FL CA and HI on a regular basis and branch out from there.
Bill

clinics

Tanya will be running clinics here in Austin late summer. We have tried to sort something out for Florida on a couple of occassions but there always seems to be a problem with something so gave up on that idea. Lots of people down there interested but could not get them all together at the same time. Keep an eye on the freediving websites for more info.

Paul

Bring your checkbook......

Heard the PFD clinic is good but it seems a little expensive......any reason why it is so much, is it because the cost of travel for Kirk and Crew?

WORTH THE MONEY

I have taken many different dive courses over the past 20+ years, including instructor training and advanced trimix to name a few, and have never gone away from a course feeling like I learned so much as I did at Kirk's clinic.

I'd say that it was well worth it. He has put a lot of time into developing a great educational program and actually has courses when he says that he will- which was NOT the case with other clinics that I tried to attend in the past.

Every other scuba course that I have taken I always felt like I was "walking through the motions" to get a card to go do what I wanted to. With Kirk's clinic there is no card, only a wealth of information that he is willing to pass on.

A big thumb's up.

Jon

re: Freedive clinics in South Florida

I know Jean Jaques mayoll teaches free dive clinics through Atlantis Dive Center in Key Largo. I heard his classes are pretty good and affordable. You can also contact AIDA via their website and see where they hold programs.
good luck.

regarding the jean-jaques mayol courses in key largo, i dont think they are held anymore. i called them half a year ago and asked them, but they said that those courses werent offered any longer. however, you could try calling them now, perhaps things have changed.

Erik

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT