• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Freediving dynamic no fins average distance?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

donnylafave

Nov 15, 2018
I'm 16 years old and interested in free diving as a sport. I use to be a swimmer, and I started training DNF in the pool just for fun. Got about 50-60meters, where am I in terms as a beginner and wanting to improve?

I've also been wanting to go for depth in free diving. Wanting to go into the deep blue and see nature in its environment. How can I start this with a buddy? Can I just swim off shore and start there? Do I need a line or is it possible to go with no equipment?

Thanks in advance

Hi Donny,

Welcome to the forum and to freediving!

I've done it, so has everyone else at some point, even if they say they haven't!

PLEASE DO NOT DIVE ALONE, EVER. Especially in Open water (the pool is not 100% safe).

I didn't know about shallow water blackout, never heard of it. I decided to do a course in freediving and have learnt so much about the sport, techniques and the dangers. Find your closest instructor and it will open up your world to the sport and the people involved.

Sounds like you've got some good skills already so hone them in in a safe environment and you will have a much better time!

Regards

Webster

a note on dnf. It is done in a pool with people around. If you do try it, have someone watching all the time. It isn't sufficient to let someone know what you are doing. They have to be focused only on you every attempt.
I am not a serious apneaist, but have done 75m, with a world record holding friend watching carefully.

Reactions: Webster
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT