• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving equipment mail order

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Garfish

Jun 1, 2003
Hi:

Was wondering on this forum if anyone has ordered any freediving equipment like apnea wetsuits, fins ect from a online mail order house called SUBPROF. or www.subprof.com

To me their prices are reasonable but shipping is higher than from the scubastore.

I would like the pro & cons from anyone before i place a order. They are located in spain.

thanks.

I don't know about that store in particuler but I was going to buy a set of fins from scubastore.com and I change my mine when I saw the shipping . The fins were about 40$ dollars cheaper but shipping was like 57$ US,so it was not any savings at all. The dive
store is the same as the one on this sight and is in europe I think
so shipping to US is pretty high.So it's kind of a gamble because
you may not like the suit for fit or whatever and it will be alot of trouble sending it back,also I would try to find a suit here in the states locally so you can atleast try it on then if it's what you want look online to find it for a good price.
Later AJ.

I have just looked at that store and as you say the postage is well over the top nearly as much as the item
YakDiver

subprof have nice prices and theysend the orders through DHL
48 hours for europe to 4 days for the rest of the world.

Do dont pay to mutch money in postage you must order many items or make a order with some friends.
I do it this way.

"shipping cost" is a killer..

Hey guys:

Aprreciate the responces & reviews about ordering by mail.
Yes, the shipping costs are a killer. Shipping alone to the usa is anywhere from $58.00 to $79.00 alone from europe ,depending where you order from.

I was thinking in ordering a picasso wetsuit & fins . I went to picasso america & did you guys see the prices that rodger has on his web. They are way out of my budget.

I'm still looking around for someone that sell's the picasso line in the usa other than picasso america . Does anyone know other websites that handle the picasso.

thanks.

I just talked to one of the Subprof.com guys today, and mentioned the concern over the shipping prices. He told me that they have changed to Fedex for shipments out of Spain since it¡s cheaper than DHL. He also said that the new shipping prices are online so you may want to revisit the web.

Adrian

Adrian:

Thanks , i will return back to Subprof & check out their shipping charges to usa since they switched to fed ex not knowing that they got a new carrier. They have some great prices on their equipment.

Thanks much.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT