• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving fins for small feet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

HoosierGirl

Oct 31, 2002
Does anyone know of a source for smaller-size freediving fins? I wear a ladies size 5 or 5.5 (European size 36) and haven't been able to find freediving fins that fit.

Welcome to DB HoosierGirl! :wave

I knew people were diving in all kinds of places where you don't expect to find divers, but I didn't expect to find divers in Indiana! I'm originally from Ohio, so I guess I don't have much room to talk.

Anyway, I knew someone that had a similar problem, but I don't know her size. I think she ended up with some Sporasub fins. It's a guess, but I'd look at Cressi's too. Check DiveInn. You can find a link to the online store on the DB homepage.

Good luck!

-Michael

Hi HG,
I looked through a bunch of my catalogues, but probably like yourself, the smallest I found was 38/40. You may have to use a 3 or 5mm bootie and try the 38's. Hope this helps.
Jay

Reactions: icarus pacific
Hey!

I wear size 6US and I have 2 types of Sporasub fins with full foot pockets, size 38 that work well with 3mm booties. You may have to wear the 5 mm as suggested by Jay. These were the smallest freediving fins that I could find last year.
I have a Finis trainer monofin with medium(38) footpockets that I use with 3 mm booties over "half-booties" I made from a pair of thick athletic socks, which cover my toes to my heel. This seems fine too.

Rhonda

whitch fins ?

I check http://shop.deeperblue.net/ and find these fins :

CRESSI, GARA 2000 HF PRICE: 67.89 US$
SPORASUB, H.DESSAULT PRICE: 53.13 US$

Now I need yours opinion witch to preferre.

And do anybody know is there a sport shop in Findland or Swedeland where I can buy them.

Problem is that I live in Estonia and shipping and payment costs from USA would double ( actuali 3x) the price of fins :(

paha

thanks for everyone

Hi Paha,
I checked the shop using Estonia as the shipping destination, and the Sporasubs with shipping cost a total of 89.73$ US.
The store is in Spain, not the US.
Even if you find a store close to you, I doubt that you will find less (or much less) than 90$ US for a decent pair of longblade fins. To make the shipping charges more acceptable, add a few other items, like masks (Cressi Minima 20$) and spare blades (12$ each), etc....the shipping rate does not change too much, and the equation looks better ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

swedish store

there is an online store in sweden, www.onebreath.nu, which ships internationally (including estonia). but as erik said, it is not as cheap as scubastore...

Last edited:
I sympathize with you HoosierGirl! By the way, how did you get into freediving in Indiana? I'm from Ohio so I get asked that a lot too! Anyway, we wear the same size shoe, and I used to think I'd never be able to get fins. But we just have to deal with 38-40. Like Rhonda said, it fits perfectly with a 3mm bootie which also helps you avoid blisters. Unless you want to pay the extra bucks to get them custom made..... I wear Sporasub Pures in 38-40 and I really like them. Good luck!

~Britt

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT