• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving head-lamp

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nathan Vinski

Apr 19, 2015
Hey everyone,

I'm currently diving in a dark and scary quarry with no mask and I can't see the line past 40m.

Any advices on what brand(s) of diving lights to use attached to a head strap. Same kinda thing as what alexey uses glued to the hood of his wetsuit at vertical blue.

Ever had the experiance of diving down the line, watching it go by, and suddenly realizing that what you see is just an "after image", you can't see the line at all and have no idea where it is? Scary as heck!

I use an Underwater Kinetics Q40, attached to the mask strap with velco bands. Works excellent for that use.

Ever had the experiance of diving down the line, watching it go by, and suddenly realizing that what you see is just an "after image", you can't see the line at all and have no idea where it is? Scary as heck!

I use an Underwater Kinetics Q40, attached to the mask strap with velco bands. Works excellent for that use.
Thanks, I'll check that one out.

The way my narcosis plays out is only really vision impairment and that "after image" thing is pretty much what happened to me when I'm narked. After many (40+) repeats in the 55-65 range it went away and I did 70 narcosis-free in Dahab. Being back in the UK, diving in a pitch dark quarry, the problem seems to have returned at around 55+ and I think a dive light to highlight the line will help it out a bit.

Is glow rope not effective enough, do you have or a big light attached to the bottom of the line that reflects up? At what depth does the pitch black start?

It's a terrible feeling. Especially underwater. in the forest without light, it is also terrifying. So I try to carry a flashlight with me everywhere. It is a hand-held flashlight. A flashlight for the forehead. These are handy. If when we're swimming in deep water. I do scuba diving. I once bought a lousy flashlight. And at a depth of almost 40 meters, he slid down. And I was all alone in the dark, without a single ray of light. I was so scared. I like one brand. I don't remember the exact brand. I order on Amazon.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT