• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Seawalls

Nov 6, 2017
Hi all, im planing to spend 5 weeks around Bali and maybe a bit further south mainly to freedive - im not intending to join one of the freedive schools so was wondering if you had any recommendations on the best ways to access the dive sites independently and best way to pick up dive buddies while traveling?
Also further recommendations on cool places to go to will be appreciated! :)

Hey, south bali for shore dive?? Emm i don't have idea for that. But there's small island just beside bali mainland, which are nusa lembongan & nusa penida. Both place are very rich in marine biodiversity. But some places current underwater might be strong, but if you're good it can be a drift freediving. If you're lucky you can get a selfie with manta/mola-mola there! You can get there by boat/fast ferry to the islands. Or head of east bali, karangasem area, amed/tulamben to be precise, you can get a lot of shore dive there!

Reactions: Davos
As above: heading north east will get you to the best dive spots. Amed and Tulamben both have freedive centre where you can live dive/train and have awesome shore dives with coral, marine life and ship wrecks (Kobu, USAT Liberty, Japanese Wreck, etc). I just spent 8 days freediving in Amed and it's very nice right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above: heading north east will get you to the best dive spots. Amed and Tulamben both have freedive centre where you can live dive/train and have awesome shore dives with coral, marine life and ship wrecks (Kobu, USAT Liberty, Japanese Wreck, etc). I just spent 8 days freediving in Amed and it's very nice right now.

U went to the deep week? :)

Coolio!
As instructor or candidate?
How it went mate? U did well? Any new PB fr you?

Just as a diver (doing PADI Advanced). It was an amazing trip. I did hit some new PBs, which is cool. I wanted a little more depth but it just didn't want to happen!

That said, I did achieve something else - better technique and understanding of my dives. I have the tools to go deeper now. I'll be going back in April!

Reactions: Toufiq
Just as a diver (doing PADI Advanced). It was an amazing trip. I did hit some new PBs, which is cool. I wanted a little more depth but it just didn't want to happen!

That said, I did achieve something else - better technique and understanding of my dives. I have the tools to go deeper now. I'll be going back in April!

Yup. Sometimes we don't need to think about the numbers we hit. The dive itself will speak about your performance. Anyway good to hear that you enjoyed the deepweek. So in April another deepweek or what??? I was keen to join since the first deepweek. But some obstacles stop me then.

Very true! Yes, another in April. Like you I've been wanting to go since the first - and it was better than I imagined. Highly recommend it mate :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT