• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving in Colombia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi Calos, Welcome to DB

My two favorite descriptive words on freedivng, beautiful and cheap. Could you describe what its like in your area, vis, terrain, depth, fish like, coral, etc.

Thanks

Connor

OK in a few words dude:
vis is just great....right now we have the rainny season which is terrible for vision but despite that is really really nice...15 to 20 mts perhaps a lil more on a sunny clear water day
terrain is one of the things I love most from my land....the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta is the highest mountain close to the sea so you can be on the beach and take a 20 min chopper trip and find snow....this also means the landscape is similar to greek cliffs....its like fingers of the mountain who sink in the ocean and some other mountains that come out of the middle of the ocean....we call them here "piedras ahogadas" (drowned stones), they look small over the surface but can go down to 60 mts deep or more in some areas...this also means you dont have to go far from mainland to find big dephts...fishes and coral? oh well I have to say there's a lot of variety and it's a high chance you get to find the big ones....coral in some areas is just beautiful you dont have to go that far to find beautiful coral gardens from different kinds.....well I guess that's pretty much it, let me know if you want to know some more...visit my myspace blog at www.myspace.com/carlosyage the one called LA SAMARIA.....peace and safe dives!!!

are there any instructors for freediving in the area - if your a complete beginner - in the San Andres island, providencia and santa catalina?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT