• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in Croatia, Summer '05

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Vlado

Apr 19, 2004
I am searching for freediving buddies in Croatia for the next summer. My location is going to be Bol, Brac but I can relocate to anywhere!

Cheers

I want to go to coatia this summer to freedive but do not know where to go or where to stay. :wave

I was this summer in Croatia (Umag, Rovinj, Rijeka) for free diving and I was disappointed. I don’t recommend this location for free diving. The water was without live even in night.

hello Vlado !
i will be in croatia in summer 2005 (Pula, Cres and maybe even Dalmacija) i am from Slovenija so i am there every year. So if you want we can meet and hunt together......

Hey guys!
I might be visiting Croatia the next summer.I wanna go to Split and up north to Zadar and Pula.I know just one guy from Split doing some freediving.We can get in touch and organise something

Hey guys.

I am considering going freediving in Croatia for a few weeks this summer. Place not decided, recommendations for our family welcome. Would be nice to hook up with some buddies for some training.

Hello,

freediving in Croatia can be nice, but as someone has mentioned - more on the south you are going, the better it is. On the North, in Istra, there is rally not much to see - well , you can go on some shallow wrecks like Coriolanus, Gilda (around 25 m), or Gautsch (around 35 m) - all around Umag and Vrsar.
If you don't like to go much on the south, there are some nice places for freediving in Sveta Marina (near Rabac) - about 50 km away from Pula. There is little camp and you have some nice walls and reefs up to 50 m over there. The visibility is good, more than 10 m, there is also quite a lot of life. You have also a possibilities to go on a nice wreck like Lina (half an hour by boat with local dive centers) - from 54 m to 20 m.
Regards,
Vojteh

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT