• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in Lake Bled

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sjkidd2002

Simon
Feb 18, 2005
Hi - anyone been diving in Lale Bled Slovenia. The lake is fed by warm underground rivers - lovely. Dont know what the visibility is like. ?
cheers

hi I'm also intrested how about diving there, our team wants go there for freediving in July

Hay,
I'm freediving often in lake Bled. Well, it is not because of a "good" visibility since it is bad, especially bellow 6 m (about 2 m), but because it is just a few kms from my home. There is quite a lot of fishes like carps (up to 70 cm big), sheatfishes (up to 2 m long - one is called Rodman :)), pikes up to 1 m. So, quite a lot to see, even in shallow water. You can play with the sheatfish - of course, do not use scuba equipment. Current temperature is about 10 deg C, but it is warm up. In summer it is about 23 on the surface, but at 6, 7 m there is thermocline - about 10 deg C. The depth - max 34 m, but there is bad visibility and you can easily hit the bottom that is covered with mud. There is also a lot of trees in the lake, so be careful since they are covered with broken fishing lines.

If someone will come freediving to Bled, send me an P.M. and I can join. As it is "normal" - it is difficult to get a freediving buddy.
Have a lot of nice and safe dives.
Vojteh

Hi, is this post still active? I’m going to Bled lake in august 2023 and I would really like to dive in bled lake, I looked for the diving center but it seems they do only scuba

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT