• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in l'Estartit, Spain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jorg

Sharkbait
Nov 15, 2001
On april 14 we leave with 5 freedivers from the Netherlands for l'Estartit, Spain. We will be staying there for 10 days, so if any freediver is around that place and would like to show us some beautifull places to freedive or just want to freedive, let me know!

We'll probably be diving mostly at the Medes Islands but we can be found from Barcelona all the way to the french border.

Jyri,

Alicante is around 600 km south of l'estartit and we're leaving on the 23rd. But if you come early you can ofcourse join us!

Going again

In a few weeks I'm going again to l'Estartit to give an instructor course. Is someone is interested in diving with us let us know. We're arriving around 13:00 hours on Saturday 9 october and leaving again on october 12. So we've got 2, 5 days and nights...
Let me know!

Jorg,
I'll be around, I live just 20 km up the coast near L'Escala. I hadn't seen your April post or I would have contacted you. Are you giving a scuba course or a freediving course? I'll pm you with my phone. Will be happy to show you some nice places.

Adrian

We're going freediving over there on the medas islands and some other places... I just pm'ed you with some details...

hi guys

i live in empuria, spending my time in the air and water, we go allmost every 2 days to nice places around here.
just feel free to drop me a line

headdown
fflupo

Lupo,
Sent you a PM, and saw your website. From freeflying to freediving - pretty awsome! :)

Adrian

Last edited:
Jorg said:
On april 14 we leave with 5 freedivers from the Netherlands for l'Estartit, Spain. We will be staying there for 10 days, so if any freediver is around that place and would like to show us some beautifull places to freedive or just want to freedive, let me know!

We'll probably be diving mostly at the Medes Islands but we can be found from Barcelona all the way to the french border.

I have been freediving in Begur : it is fantastic ; a 20 m hole close to the beach...

hello jorg

nice to hear from you but i am confused with the dates i got the email today the 12th may maybe you are back allready otherwise lets go diving together usually i go with adrian and jonny which you will allthough find on deeperblue.

make it posible
wolf

ben daar ook geweest....I will have to reply to you in english...you know, for the other readers...I have been spearfishing in l'estartit before, beautiful place, good food and a lot of marine life and clear water.
I have been living in Spain for 4 years now, currently I live in L a Linea, 300m from Gibraltar, a little bit to far awat to visit you guys.
I have hooked up with a couple of guys here....graet divers and it is great to dive here.

Have a great time there and let us know,
groeten Mike

hello greendiver yes you are right it is a fantastic area lots of marina life and every bay around cap de creus is different. most i enjoy to dive with adrian and jonny and play with some pulpos
looking forward to see you in da water
hasta luego
wolf

fflupo said:
hello greendiver yes you are right it is a fantastic area lots of marina life and every bay around cap de creus is different. most i enjoy to dive with adrian and jonny and play with some pulpos
looking forward to see you in da water
hasta luego wolf

Hi !

I am from Paris and envisage going to the Costa Brava to freedive (recreational ; I am no spearhunter...)

Am looking for some tips...

Subaquaticus,
Let us know when you want to come here, we'll be happy to show you around some nice sites. L'Estartit National Park is great for marine life, groupers, large bass and tons of large sargos. Which beach in Begur did you dive off?

Adrian

Adrian said:
Subaquaticus,
Let us know when you want to come here, we'll be happy to show you around some nice sites. L'Estartit National Park is great for marine life, groupers, large bass and tons of large sargos. Which beach in Begur did you dive off?
Adrian

Have you got some tips for the lodging ?

Two years ago I spent 2 weeks at the Costa Brava :

2 days in Barcelona

1 week lodging close to Girona

1 week lodging in Sant Joan de les Abadesses in the Pirineos Catalanos

The first week I dove in San Feliu de Guixols (not deep enough) and in Begur ;

there was a 20 m hole (agujero) just between two beaches ; do you know it ?

the second week I dove in the lake of Banyoles (I had to ask special permission from the Ayuntamiento ; it was a little dangerous due to the rowing boats (very silent !)

Eres tu Catalan ?

Hi! I live in l'Estartit. In Catalunya there is Apnea Catalunya Association outputs makes the Catalan coast and has swimming pools for training.
If you ever contact me and we can go together.

Reactions: Kars
Hi,

I'm a beginner freediver / spearfisher and will spend next week (12.-19. October) in l'Estartit. It would be great to find dive buddies. Would you like to go? Do you know anybody I could ask? I speak spanish.

Is it possible to rent gear in l'Estartit? My Elios wetsuite should arrive before the trip but if not...

Cheers,
Jussi

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT