• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving in london

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

roberto

May 26, 2001
Ciao! I'm a keen freediver, and have recently moved to London for work. Could anyone tell me if there are any clubs, diving schools where to practise this amazing sport?
Thanks
Roberto

Hi,
Glad to hear your joining the ranks!
I suggest you try www.divelondon.com (I think:cool:) They are based in London but with members round the world, they are slightly more geared for spearfishing though.
Or www.freediver.co.uk They are in Plymouth which is a bit of a drive but well worth it, they may be able to put you in touch with people nearby.
Hope thats a help!
Joe

thanks,
the sites you listed are interesting!
do you know about pools in london where one can go with a mask and fins, and not be looked at as if he came form mars??
thanks
roberto

Hi again!
Sorry don't know of any pools in London (Im from the midlands):(
I suggest you contact the London International club they might know. Or you could just try writing to your local pool asking if you can use fins etc. Quite a few allow it but dont make it public knowledge. Mind you you'll probaly still be looked at as if your from Mars! The other thing to try is looking at the timetable for your local pool and seeing if a scuba club use it. Get in touch with them and they might let you join them in the pool minus the scuba, but will be confused as to why you dont want to blow bubbles! Will they never learn?!
:duh
Good luck
Joe

people from mars....

HI Roberto... i lived in London for 3 1/2 years and it felt like Mars anyway... so just go for it!
There is a great swimming pool in Richmond,. (west London). Also if you contact PADI in the UK they may be able to give you a list of their centres... (as you may know they do freediving courses).

go well.
Island Sands

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT