• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving in Spain

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Adrian

Deeper Blue Beachcomber
Supporter
Nov 23, 2002
If any of you are ever in my area of CAtalunya (Costa Brava) just PM me.
Adrian

Hey - are you near Barcelona or Valencia or Alicante ?! My geography isn't too hot on the Costas. If you are near Barcelona I would be interested to hear what it is like down there in that area - or anywhere else in that region for that matter. Cheers - Ed

Hi Ed,
I'm 140 km. north of Barcelona near a town called L'Escala. You should be able to see this on a map. There are some very nice freediving areas around here including Les Medes Natural Park which is a marine preserve full of life. A bit to the north there is another park called Cap de Creus, a very dramatic and rocky area with generally clear waters.

Do some Google searches on Les Medes and Cap de Creus and you'll get an idea.

I have a small website with underwater pictures taken in the area. They are freediving pics, and I have no flash, but it gives you a notion. www.art-centre.com/sea

regards,
Adrian

Last edited:
Thanks Adrian - I'll have a look. I'm down in Barcelona tomorrow but heading to the Pyrennees. Might be down that way for a longer period in Spring - maybe sort something out then - might be less of a newbie by then too - cheers - Ed

Adrian, do you know good connections from Madrid to L'Scala?
some trains or some buses?

I don't own a car.... nor even a driving license!!

:))

Ed,
Sorry I didn't see your response until today. Let me know when you come. I'll PM you my phone and email.

BlueIcarus:
There is a daily night train called "Estrella" that has bunks (literas) and leaves from Madrid at 10:00 PM arriving Figueres at around 9:07 AM. From there it's either a taxi or a bus to L'Escala. The best is for me to pick you up, Figueres is only 20 min. from home and my home 7 min. from L'Escala. The train costs around 70 euros round trip. That's what I generally use whenever I go to Madrid.

Adrian

Adrian
Yes - had a fine time in the Pyrenees and a few days in Barcelona - chk'd out your site and found the place on the map - definitely an incentive knowing that they have a decent national park. Like I say I should be over in march or later and then I'll get in touch.
Looked around Barcelona for a decent dive / equipment shop but Decathlon didn't quite hit the mark. Do you know of anywhere good for gear in Barcelona ?
Any good places near Barcelona for diving ? The park you mentioned sounds good but just curious if you know of any other nearer places - looks like I will be in Barcelona studying Spanish for a fair few months if not a year - Ed

Originally posted by portinfer
Do you know of anywhere good for gear in Barcelona ?
Any good places near Barcelona for diving ? - Ed

Actually I don't as here I have almost whatever I need. And as for diving in the Barcelona area ditto...Barcelona is 1.5 hours away from where I live and I only visit for other specific reasons. However if you end up there we could take a look at some diving shops and I can ask around to see if anyone has any freediving experience near the city.

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT