• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Maui in Jan.?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dakdiver

Jun 22, 2002
lookin for people and places to dive with out in Maui in Jan. I'll be up at the Ritz-Carlton. Without a car. So, places near the north end would be good. Thank for any input. Dan

Dan, Molikini is a very 'touristy' place to dive off the coast of Maui. I belive that is will be a little drive for you though. It is near the west side of the island. Anyways, Molikini is a small little cresent shaped 'island' (well, just a small rock in the middle of the ocean). It has some great diving charters there. Most of the charter boats are around $60 per person and they take you out for the day, let you snorkel around and usally include lunch.
If this will be your first time to Maui, it is a good 'tourist' spot.
Enjoy!

Hey Dan, not to sure about places to dive on the north side. I was just in Kihei during the summer and my favourite place was La Perouse (think that's how to spell it). Basically, took a really narrow road out to this bay. At the bay it is a wildlife reserve and there is roughly a 50/50 chance of the local dolphins coming in to play. I got to swim with about 15 of them or so.

There are a lot of tourists but the benefit is you can go down to about 30-40 ft at the bottom (no tourist can) and see some of the deeper ones without tourists bowling you over chasing them. A little calmer. but a bit of a drive unless you take the back rough 4x4 but if you break down the locals will not be happy.

thats it for now. I have some links at home I will add of some dive spots later.

jer

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…