• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving midlands uk

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Ok thanks Stephan, duly noted.. Midlands Freediving Club it is.

With regard to your cove comment on the other thread, I spoke to them the other day and they said as long as there're two or more divers, and certification can be proven, then freediving will be allowed anytime.. But we'd be looking at the 1st and second Wednesdays of each month, with maybe a Saturday in between for good measure.

So we're hopefully gonna be able to get started next Wednesday..

Cheers

Scott

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Hi Pete,

Me and Martyn are meeting at Stoney Cove tomorrow. 6:30 if you're interested? Alternatively we'll be doing it on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month, possibly with some pool sessions in between.

Cheers

Scott.

Hi Scott, I can't make it this time but I hope that you both have a super time. I would love to hear how it went.

Cheers

Pete

Hi pete

We went on Wednesday and it was good. However they will not allow people to dive without having a certificate from a course up to AIDA level 2. We managed to get in without showing any certificate but if they did check then they will stop you from diving. Also on a safety point if you don't know how to save your buddy it is very dangerous. This is why they ask for AIDA 2 as it gives you the techniques to keep yourself safe and others. I think we should only go to stoney when we have a group that have passed the courses otherwise we could stop stony from allowing freediving at all. I don't know if you have that qualification or not but this needs to be said before any of us meet up to go again. Sorry for putting a downer on it all but we need to do this right from the start.

On the Saturday and Sunday meet up im keen to go again when people are free

Martyn

Hi guys, I'm also another freediver located in the Midlands. Stoney is not too far from me so id be up for it if you'll have me! I also live very close to Dosthill quarry. I am AIDA 2 qualified. Just let me know :).

Cheers Guys

Is anyone on here still doing this? (I know this forum is a few years old now)

I would love to start freediving, I did some on holiday in Zante and would love to continue.

You can do snorkelling/freediving in Stoney Cove you just aren't allowed to do it alone so if anyone wants to go I would be happy to :)

Is anyone on here still doing this? (I know this forum is a few years old now)

I would love to start freediving, I did some on holiday in Zante and would love to continue.

You can do snorkelling/freediving in Stoney Cove you just aren't allowed to do it alone so if anyone wants to go I would be happy to :)
Hi, I live in Grantham so Stoney Cove is handy for me. I've freedived there once before.

You will need to have a freediving qualification to go in Stoney Cove. I'm Aida 2 star. You also need a surface life jacket.

Do you have any freediving qualifications?

I don't have any freediving qualifications (complete beginner lol).

I would like to start however. I am Rutland so really not far away from you.

Where is the closest place to here where you can get the qualifications?

Do you need Aida 2 star to freedive anywhere, is that a standard?

I use to do lots of watersports so have a lifejacket.

Ok, thanks for the info.

I will look into this. How much is it to go free diving as most places have very little information on pricing for it (say if I did have an Aida 2 star)?

I imagined it to be a fairly expensive hobby but as I am realising there are more places in the UK that offer it than I first imagined maybe I was wrong.

I go to 8 Acre lake near Goole because of its excellent visibility and easy access just off M62. It's £5 for all day.

this is me

Looks good! I've contacted pure freedive so we will see, maybe once i'm qualified I'll come along.

Guessing you need Aida 2 for 8-acre lake too?

Hi everyone,
Is anybody continue to do freediving at stoney cove? I just arrived in Leicester for two months. I have AIDA2 qualification, and preparing for AIDA3, so I plan to go to stoney cove do more practice.I need more information about freediving at stoney cove, like enter rules, any shower place and open hours?

ChiaYu

Hi ChiaYu,

I have just come across this forum whilst looking for places near Northamptonshire and am keen to give Stoney Cove a go. I used to go to Vobster Quay as I lived nearby but haven't done anything for a couple of years since moving. I have been SSI Level 1 qualified for a number of years now. I don't where that rates against AIDA, however we had to do a rescue as part of the qualification. I will be giving Stoney Cove a call when we're out of this lockdown to find out more but I'll need another freediver to go with, so please let me know if you're interested.

Kind regards,

Harrison

Reactions: ChiaYuLi
Hi ChiaYu,

I have just come across this forum whilst looking for places near Northamptonshire and am keen to give Stoney Cove a go. I used to go to Vobster Quay as I lived nearby but haven't done anything for a couple of years since moving. I have been SSI Level 1 qualified for a number of years now. I don't where that rates against AIDA, however we had to do a rescue as part of the qualification. I will be giving Stoney Cove a call when we're out of this lockdown to find out more but I'll need another freediver to go with, so please let me know if you're interested.

Kind regards,

Harrison

Hi Harrison,

My partner and I plan go to Stoney cove when we're out of this lockdown, we have buoy and rope can do some training over there.If you are interested, we can discuss after lockdown.

Best

ChiaYu

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT