• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving options: Queensland, May 28 - June 10

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Petr Ocelík

Oct 9, 2016
Hi, I am going to be for about two weeks on holiday in Queensland. I would like to spend them by freediving. Do you have any suggestions what is a good way to start?

If there is anyone to join me as a buddy that would be perfect; I am flexible in terms of locations. In case I will not find anyone, what dive centers/trips do you recommend?

I would like to do recreational freediving down up to 20 m most of the time. I have passed a freediving course a year ago with 32 m CWT, 4:46 STA.

Also, I have only 1.5 mm short and 5 mm wetsuits. What wetsuit is optimal for freediving at the reef at this time? 3 mm?

I am happy for any suggestions. Thanks.

Hi, I am going to be for about two weeks on holiday in Queensland. I would like to spend them by freediving. Do you have any suggestions what is a good way to start?

If there is anyone to join me as a buddy that would be perfect; I am flexible in terms of locations. In case I will not find anyone, what dive centers/trips do you recommend?

I would like to do recreational freediving down up to 20 m most of the time. I have passed a freediving course a year ago with 32 m CWT, 4:46 STA.

Also, I have only 1.5 mm short and 5 mm wetsuits. What wetsuit is optimal for freediving at the reef at this time? 3 mm?

I am happy for any suggestions. Thanks.
Hi Petr

Queensland is a large state with varying options. Is there a specific location you will be spending the majority of your time?

Hi Petr

Queensland is a large state with varying options. Is there a specific location you will be spending the majority of your time?

Hi, I will be spending most of the time in Brisbane before the holiday. Nevertheless, I have not booked any accommodation nor chosen any specific location yet. I would like to do this based on the recommendation(s) or my own "research" later on if there are none. I just know that Cairns is consider a gateway to the reef. But this is still quite general.

Hi, I will be spending most of the time in Brisbane before the holiday. Nevertheless, I have not booked any accommodation nor chosen any specific location yet. I would like to do this based on the recommendation(s) or my own "research" later on if there are none. I just know that Cairns is consider a gateway to the reef. But this is still quite general.

Hi Petr,

If you're in Brisbane then its a short drive south to Gold Coast. There's a freediving club there that you can meet up with. They do trips most weekends.

http://freedivinggoldcoast.com.au/

Reactions: Petr Ocelík
Hi Petr

Yes Cairns has the best options to access the reef due to the proximity to the coast. You also have the crater lakes an hour inland that offer diving up to 60m. Best bet would be to contact the Cairns Spearfishing club and see who is heading down to the lakes I understand Ant Judge and his crew do trips there every few weeks. It’s a special spot!

Reactions: Petr Ocelík
Hi Petr

Yes Cairns has the best options to access the reef due to the proximity to the coast. You also have the crater lakes an hour inland that offer diving up to 60m. Best bet would be to contact the Cairns Spearfishing club and see who is heading down to the lakes I understand Ant Judge and his crew do trips there every few weeks. It’s a special spot!

Hi, thanks for the tip! It would be great to join some local crew. I will contact them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT