• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Portugal - buddies, clubs, where to go

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

awowra

Mar 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am moving to Portugal (near Lisbon for now, but this is flexible depending on freediving and/or surfing options)

I have started competitive freediving and I am now also looking to practice for the Adriatic Depth Trophy in September.

I am looking for buddies anywhere in Portugal to dive in the pool and in the ocean with. Looking for fun or more serious, either will be wonderful.

I would also like to know if anyone has any advice of clubs/groups/ communities that frequently go freediving or training together.

Lastly, of course if anyone has any advice on nice spots where to dive at, please let me know too :)

Thank you all so much!

Reactions: Rodrigo Gonçalves
Hi everyone,

I am moving to Portugal (near Lisbon for now, but this is flexible depending on freediving and/or surfing options)

I have started competitive freediving and I am now also looking to practice for the Adriatic Depth Trophy in September.

I am looking for buddies anywhere in Portugal to dive in the pool and in the ocean with. Looking for fun or more serious, either will be wonderful.

I would also like to know if anyone has any advice of clubs/groups/ communities that frequently go freediving or training together.

Lastly, of course if anyone has any advice on nice spots where to dive at, please let me know too :)

Thank you all so much!
Hi!
I'm a beginner freediver from Portugal and I think I know a thing that could help you: there's a freediving club/school that seems very active in Sesimbra (a great spot), called spot freedive - https://www.spot-freedive.com/uk/mcontactos.php?mid=7 . I personally haven't even taken a course nor do I have much to call equipment, so I couldn't buddy you, but I'm pretty sure that club is the only big one in Portugal.

Reactions: awowra
Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much!
Hi! I'm a freediver aswel and I'm thinking about moving to Portugal this spring/summer. I was wondering if you found some buddies or a community for freediving? I'm very keen to meet up when I'm there! :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT