• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving practice for a busy schedule

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

robbyzuniga

Roberto Zuniga
Mar 25, 2004
Hi, first of all I want to say thanks to all the freediving comunity, to Daniel, Eric and many others who are always helping and giving a good name to the sport. With this spirit of helping and serving each others we will grow stronger and will give a good name to the sport.

I love freediving but I don't always have free time to practice in a pool or in the beach. How can I practice freediving techniques with a very busy schedule, like two jobs and studies? I try to walk holding my breath. Is this a good idea? let me know what techniques work with you, because I know everyone of us have a lot of things to do during the day.

I once bought a device named I think power lung, that has different resistance levels to build a stronger apnea. Do you have any techniques that can help us on the go?

Thanks,
Roberto Zuniga

Hi

I also have a pretty hard schedule, but i manage to put in some freediving training here and there. When im walking to school (30 min walk) i hold my breath at two different points every day. Improvements this way might be slow, but if you havent got the time to do much else, then it is a good option with apnea walking....

Do single-breath apnea exercises, where you pick a target time (say 1:30), then

- take a breath, hold it 1:30
- exhale, inhale (one breath only), hold 1:30 etc.

If you can do it 10 times, then increase the duration. You'll develop excellent C02 tolerance quickly and the exercise session is very brief. For example, 10x 2:00 takes only 20 minutes. If you can get beyond 2:00 with this exercise, then you're super-human.

Mix these one-breath tables with occasional walking apnea training and it won't be long before you feel like you have gills.

Reactions: bruno
hi

Thank to you Roberto.....
well my friend I understand you and the country we are living usa where everything is like fast food -- people going to fast -
and we think there is not time - but there is time maybe a short time

I can feel that " Presion"too

now is a matter of priorities-

I only im practicing mi dinamic in pool saturday for 2 hours-- the other day I try to DISTRIBUIR the time - el tiempo --

I do my drie static when I wake up in the morning --

4 day a weel I take 1 our to do my erxercise training weight lifting ect-- It depend on us-- it doesn't mean we have to take a long hour doing exercise but trying to take in the middle of the time we have available an space-una espacio disponible

the worst thing is not to do anything at all- but a short time count and can make the diferent - el resultado lo veremos despues

is good what you say -walking static-- I do that too in the buss anywhere -ect

there is to many thing you can do -sin dejar de hace las otras cosas que son muy importante como la familia- escuela - ect

lo mejor para ti siempre

Daniel.

I read a booklet that help me a lot with this problem of how to Ministrar the time- and priorities lets see if I can past this to you ,

Thank you for the good tips. I will try this, but i think i have a pretty good CO2 tolerance. I have never had any BO or samba. Though i have been very dizzy from hyperventilating.

If you have never had a BO then your hypoxic (low O2) tolerance is probably better than your hypercapnic (high CO2) tolerance.

If you are really pressed for time, try a series of empty lung statics. You can do 3 or 4 in around 10 minutes. This improves 02 tolerance and isn't supposed to do much for CO2 tolerance. Note: if you try this standing up, you run some risk of passing out . Sitting down is a better idea. If you really want to push your 02 tolerance, try passive exhale apnea walking. Be careful not to push to B0. .

Connor

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…