• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving practice for a busy schedule

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

robbyzuniga

Roberto Zuniga
Mar 25, 2004
Hi, first of all I want to say thanks to all the freediving comunity, to Daniel, Eric and many others who are always helping and giving a good name to the sport. With this spirit of helping and serving each others we will grow stronger and will give a good name to the sport.

I love freediving but I don't always have free time to practice in a pool or in the beach. How can I practice freediving techniques with a very busy schedule, like two jobs and studies? I try to walk holding my breath. Is this a good idea? let me know what techniques work with you, because I know everyone of us have a lot of things to do during the day.

I once bought a device named I think power lung, that has different resistance levels to build a stronger apnea. Do you have any techniques that can help us on the go?

Thanks,
Roberto Zuniga

Hi

I also have a pretty hard schedule, but i manage to put in some freediving training here and there. When im walking to school (30 min walk) i hold my breath at two different points every day. Improvements this way might be slow, but if you havent got the time to do much else, then it is a good option with apnea walking....

Do single-breath apnea exercises, where you pick a target time (say 1:30), then

- take a breath, hold it 1:30
- exhale, inhale (one breath only), hold 1:30 etc.

If you can do it 10 times, then increase the duration. You'll develop excellent C02 tolerance quickly and the exercise session is very brief. For example, 10x 2:00 takes only 20 minutes. If you can get beyond 2:00 with this exercise, then you're super-human.

Mix these one-breath tables with occasional walking apnea training and it won't be long before you feel like you have gills.

Reactions: bruno
hi

Thank to you Roberto.....
well my friend I understand you and the country we are living usa where everything is like fast food -- people going to fast -
and we think there is not time - but there is time maybe a short time

I can feel that " Presion"too

now is a matter of priorities-

I only im practicing mi dinamic in pool saturday for 2 hours-- the other day I try to DISTRIBUIR the time - el tiempo --

I do my drie static when I wake up in the morning --

4 day a weel I take 1 our to do my erxercise training weight lifting ect-- It depend on us-- it doesn't mean we have to take a long hour doing exercise but trying to take in the middle of the time we have available an space-una espacio disponible

the worst thing is not to do anything at all- but a short time count and can make the diferent - el resultado lo veremos despues

is good what you say -walking static-- I do that too in the buss anywhere -ect

there is to many thing you can do -sin dejar de hace las otras cosas que son muy importante como la familia- escuela - ect

lo mejor para ti siempre

Daniel.

I read a booklet that help me a lot with this problem of how to Ministrar the time- and priorities lets see if I can past this to you ,

Originally posted by Pezman
Do single-breath apnea exercises, where you pick a target time (say 1:30), then

- take a breath, hold it 1:30
- exhale, inhale (one breath only), hold 1:30 etc.

If you can do it 10 times, then increase the duration. You'll develop excellent C02 tolerance quickly and the exercise session is very brief. For example, 10x 2:00 takes only 20 minutes. If you can get beyond 2:00 with this exercise, then you're super-human.

Mix these one-breath tables with occasional walking apnea training and it won't be long before you feel like you have gills.

Thank you for the good tips. I will try this, but i think i have a pretty good CO2 tolerance. I have never had any BO or samba. Though i have been very dizzy from hyperventilating. :D

If you have never had a BO then your hypoxic (low O2) tolerance is probably better than your hypercapnic (high CO2) tolerance.

If you are really pressed for time, try a series of empty lung statics. You can do 3 or 4 in around 10 minutes. This improves 02 tolerance and isn't supposed to do much for CO2 tolerance. Note: if you try this standing up, you run some risk of passing out . Sitting down is a better idea. If you really want to push your 02 tolerance, try passive exhale apnea walking. Be careful not to push to B0. .

Connor

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT