• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Scandinavia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Emerja

Feb 11, 2005
Hey guys,

I'm really interested in free diving, but my budget does not allow big and fancy travels to the other side of the world. So instead I just freedive around Scandinavia and UK.

In case there are any Scandinavians reading this (or others who have been freediving in Scandinavia), can you give me any hints to good spots along the Norwegian coast, Sweden or, in particular, Denmark?

I will be very glad to recieve any replies!

Cheers, Emil Jacobi

Hi!

On your side of the bridge, I like Mön and Limfjorden. In Sweden, I usually go to Kullen and the south east coast of Skåne. Beeing desperate, the west harbour area of Malmö will have to do...

If you're travelling, try the area between Göteborg and Halmstad - I suggest a look at DMI.dk first though, since the currents can be mean!

//Per

Hi Emil,

Freediving around UK is fine, but not that deep from my experience, it is worth contacting Sam, who organizes stuff with "Saltfree" I think they have their own place here somewhere.. they organize trips to go diving in Chepstow which is in South Wales.. cold but very deep with good friends.. good experience.
Now Norway.. I went diving there last summer.. excellet place for visibility and all, bit on the cold side again, but plus side was loads of fun stuff swimming around and stuck on the bottom and rocks to see.
Norway is expensive choice unless you know someone there and can crash on their place...
I would recomend UK and the Saltfree people for serious diving, they are excellent bunch, and if you are into seeing stuff underwater rather than diving as deep as you can and beyond, PM me before your trip to UK and I'll help you find the spots to go see.. Cornwall is beatiful as I believe is Ireland and Scotland... But Cornwall is here in the south so little warmer..

Hope this was of some help to you Emil, and safe diving to you all!

Pekka

Hej Emil,

The best freediving site close to Copenhagen, will most likely be Kullen just north of Helsingborg. Depths down to 20-25 meters, lots of magnificent wildlife, pretty good visibility because of the rocky area (as compared to muddy Zealand). Sadly, it's illegal to spearfish there (it is in all of Sweden, for some peculiar reason). But I guess that's why the life is so grand there...

Chris Engelbrecht
Hvidovre Freediving Club
www.hfk.dk

(Jeg ved det, lidt underligt at jeg svarer på engelsk...)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT