• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Scooter: Powered with air and gravity instead of batteries

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

novaq

Feb 24, 2014
Hi guys

Does anybody know the name of the thing I'm talking about in the title?
I just cannot find it again with google, no matter what I look for..

Planning a new freediving trip and would love to try out this thing.. Looked so awesome!

Thanks ✌️

Tobias

No, but it sounds interesting! Almost too good to be true, I would be interested to know how the power is generated!

It for sure is true, I'm very surprised nobody answered yet! I saw it a couple months ago, and there I think it was a pretty new invention.

It looks a big like a wingsuit-wing made out of metall, and you hold onto it, as with a regular scooter.
The way it works is: It is negatively bouyent (as it's made of metal), and therefore would sink.
But thanks to the shape of the wing it instead glides to the bottom, kind of like a glider-plane glides in the air. When you want to ascend, you use the air from a bottle inside the wing, as in a no-limits-sled, and then you can glide your way up again.. Such a cool idea!

Cheers Tobias

Reactions: Pinniped72
That is an excellent idea, I wonder if the rate of ascent and descent is adjustable, with controls as well as the air, you could travel real distance both horizontally and vertically................ it sounds really, really cool (y)

too expensive for a such simple device

Glider Prices $3,200 plus shipping
Travel bag $350
Boat recovery line $175
DiveGlide automatic recovery system $475

seems like a big step away from simplicity and minimalistic nature of freediving. Heavy/bulky piece of gear. I honestly can't see how something like that would improve my day out in the water. I won't even be able to reach most interesting spots.

And by the way. There is nothing new in this glider. It is not an "invention".

Reactions: izirajder
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT