• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

freediving/spearfishing in Fidji

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Noemeye

Jan 21, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm Noemie and I'm new here. Actually I'm new to freediving and spearfishing.
(Excuse my english as I'm french)
I moved to new caledonia a few months ago and started to upgrade my usual snorkelling to spearfishing and I'd really like to seriously get into freediving.
I'll be leaving New Caledonia in the autumn and I have to figure out where to go next.
I'd really like to move to Fidji and I here the freediving/spearfishing there is awesome. Thing is: which island??
I would love to be able to go freediving on my own from the shore and not need a boat to do that (which I do where I'm right now).
I'm also into all nature sports (hiking, climbing, canyoning...) and Fidji seems to be full of great places to do this kind of stuff!
I like being away from big cities, (I'm currently living in a 3000 inhabitants town in the north of new caledonia), but I do like to be able to do stuff (like hanging out at bars or going to the movies) which I can't do where I am right now. It's not my priority but if I could find a place whre I can enjoy nature 300% and still be able to "socialize" a bit that would just be heaven.
If such a perfect place exists please let me know!
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but thanks anyway for any answer!
Cheers!

I would recommend Phuket, or near there in Thailand.
I spend alot of time there. You can get to the action and live a cheap western lifestyle, but when you want to get away from it its not far to Pha Nga or Krabi or a number of other places for hiking and rock climbing, waterfalls, canoes etc etc..
We Freedive operate out of Phuket as does Andaman Apnea, both offer good freediving training. Also,
http://www.phuket-spearfishing.com/
have taken me on some amazing spearfishing trips out of Phuket.
Thailand is not to everyones taste, but like I said, it offers some of both sides of the coin.
cheers,
Cam

I would recommend Phuket, or near there in Thailand.
I spend alot of time there. You can get to the action and live a cheap western lifestyle, but when you want to get away from it its not far to Pha Nga or Krabi or a number of other places for hiking and rock climbing, waterfalls, canoes etc etc..
We Freedive operate out of Phuket as does Andaman Apnea, both offer good freediving training. Also,
http://www.phuket-spearfishing.com/
have taken me on some amazing spearfishing trips out of Phuket.
Thailand is not to everyones taste, but like I said, it offers some of both sides of the coin.
cheers,
Cam

Thanks I'll consider it!
I've never been to Asia and I'd love to spend some time there.
I'll definitely keep that option in mind.
Cheers,
Noemie

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT