• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving spots in Busan, South Korea?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

deepdiveinmyheart

Feb 21, 2024
I'm planning a trip to Busan in a few months and wanted to do some freediving while I'm there. Does anyone have any recommendations for good spots to freedive around Busan?

Preferably places with decent visibility and that aren't too crowded with other activities like boats. Both beach access and pier/harbor areas would be great to check out.

Also wondering what kinds of marine life might be seen at different locations at this time of year. Any specific tips on tidal conditions or the best times of day too would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Looking forward to exploring the waters around Busan from below the surface.

I'm planning a trip to Busan in a few months and wanted to do some freediving while I'm there. Does anyone have any recommendations for good spots to freedive around Busan? MyMilestoneCard

Preferably places with decent visibility and that aren't too crowded with other activities like boats. Both beach access and pier/harbor areas would be great to check out.

Also wondering what kinds of marine life might be seen at different locations at this time of year. Any specific tips on tidal conditions or the best times of day too would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Looking forward to exploring the waters around Busan from below the surface.
Hello,

For freediving in Busan, Songdo Beach and Gwangalli Beach are popular spots with good visibility and less boat traffic. Marine life varies, but you might see various fish species and possibly sea turtles, especially near Haeundae.

Tidal conditions are crucial; aim for high tide for better water depth and visibility. The best times for freediving are usually during slack water at high tide, which occurs approximately an hour after the listed high tide times.

Always check the local tide charts and weather conditions before planning your dive for safety.

I hope the information may helps you.

Best regards,
Yvonne Rhodes

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT