• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving spots in Europe

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

reefmatt

Jan 27, 2003
An idea...
Like most people, my job and freediving are two different things.
Therefore i'm always looking for destinations in Europe which
are a cheap flight away & suitable for a long "weekend break"
style freediving trip.

I live in London and i reckon there must be others like me who
want to take a cheap flight to italy/croatia/spain/greece etc
and then be able to make it fairly quickly to a nice freediving
spot for a couple of days.

If anyone could help us out by posting details below it
would be mucho appreciated!

m.

Well exactly one of the reasons why I started my database (after a nice swedish example).

Have a look at freedivingspots.net , you might find something there.
And if nothing suits you, please add the spots you've visited on your trip.

Cheap flights to Spain for freediving the Costa Brava

Reefmat,
There are very cheap flights via Ryan air to Gerona airport (Costa Brava, Spain). I don't know the price form the UK but from Germany (Hahn) it's just 30 euros one way. There are lovely freediving spots in this area, rocky coasts with caves and natural marine parks. I'll check wih my cousins who come via the airport near Winchester and post a follow up. Perpiñan airport is also close by.

By the way, I've already met a German freedivier via the freedivingspots.net site who came out here. We had great time and I learnt a lot.

Adrian

Adrian, have you been freediving in Lake Banyolas???

I went for a rowing training camp a few years ago and the lake is beautiful

thanks guys - i'll check that site out (Jvoets) and (Adrian)
that spot in spain sounds brilliant - please do send me
any details you have and i'll be sure to add any i discover.

matt.

Shane,
Beautiful lake it is, and only a half hour from here. But since the sea is 5 minutes from home I never thought of diving there. Interesting though, I could call the town hall to see if there is swimming and diving allowed.

Reefmatt:

Update on the flights from the UK. What my cousin answered:

The best thing is for one to get on to the Ryanair website www.ryanair.com and see timings and costs which vary according to days. They operate from Bournemouth in the south, and from Stanstead north of London. Other flights to Gerona would be from Gatwick airport. There is also Easyjet from London Heathrow. But of course it depends where the people live geographically as to which airport is the closest for them. The airline for Tolouse was Flybe. Car wise I alwas use either Premier Car Hire or Trans Hire (www.transhire.com) and obviously the costs vary according to season and length of hire.

One could also check to see if there are group rates.

When I told my cousin it was for people to do freediving, she said: "How would they be able to have free diving?" rofl

Public still needs to be educated! :)

Adrian

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT