• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving training schedule

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

opher

Jul 9, 2000
Hi,
I scuba dive for more then 2 years now
and I've been freediving for about 6 month
my static apnea record is 3 and a half minutes
I want to get pro
what should I do in order to start training
can I get some kind of a freediving training schedule

------------------
Opher Suhami

I, also have been interested in some formal free diving training. I have been reading J. Mayol's Homo Delphinus which is interesting, but not exactly instructional. I have ordered Terry Maas's book "Freedive" which is instructional, from his website. I think that Pippen Ferarres' organization in Miami holds clinics from time to time. I would be interested in attending one of these or some similar clinic. Please let me know if you discover anything.

Brett LeMaster and Kirk Krack (his coach) offer freediving classes from time to time all around the U.S. I've heard nothing but good things about the classes, although I've never attended one. The next one is October 21-24 in the San Francisco Bay area. Deadline to register is September 8th. See http://www.2xtreme.net/kbickel/details.html
for details. I have no affiliation.

I am in the process of negotiating with Kirk Krack and Brett LeMaster for putting on one of their clinics here in the Pacific Northwest sometime around Spring Break of 2001. Anyone interested, please email me so that I can start getting a count for potential attendees. Email me at cliff.etzel@deeperblue.net for any inquiries.

Jean Jacques Mayol holds Apnea classes in Key Largo/Miami. He utilizes YOGA - as his father did. He's also an excellent freediver with a great deal of experience. Contact him at BigBlueDivers.com or at 305-451-5392. You can also email me for more information.

Umberto Pelizzari

Also Pelizzari holding courses on Sardinia Italy. To get on his sights go www.freediver.co.uk and than I guess go to cool links - umberto and you are there. Dates prizes etc.
Good luck champion
Dolda

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT