• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving weights

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Look at the videos of KARS (100 m DNF) and Stig SEVERINSEN (166 m DNF)...

they swim with a single bathing suit and have a strange necklace : it is a bike tyre with lead within (2.5 kg for Kars and 3 kg for Stig...)

i didnt see any rob allen weights on that site......whats different about the weights from normal ones?

I bought some moulds from Adrenaline spearfishing in Aus.
and made as many as I needed and sold the rest.

the problem is that in the UK you can't buy anything below 1kg - although I got some 800g bullets from Portland Oceaneering and Howard at freediver now makes smaller ones too

howard@freediver.co.uk

or buy them online - www.immersion.nu have nice ones!

S

quasimoto said:
i didnt see any rob allen weights on that site......whats different about the weights from normal ones?

I'm not sure if they are Rob Allen, but here are the weights I got from Florida Freedivers. They weigh 1.5 pounds each, which I find convenient for trying to fine tune my neutral depth by a few feet at a time, and they are nice and clean and snag-free. As you can see, the rear wall is thinner than the front wall, and you can tap it lightly with a hammer to fix the position of the weight on the belt.

Attachments

• float on belt.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 184
  • weights.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 169
samdive said:
the problem is that in the UK you can't buy anything below 1kg

so surprising ! I bought today one 500 g weight to put on a belt and an ankle weight of 500 g that I can attach at my neck...

subaquaticus said:
I am so sorry I do not understand this word... (I beg your pardon, I am french)

Which word? If you refer to "Rob Allen," that is a brand of equipment made by a South African company. They make spearguns, floats, and other accessories, but I have my doubts that those lead weights were made in South Africa and shipped to Florida. I think its more likely that they were something that Mike Damms, owner of Florida Freedivers, had made locally, but that's just a guess.

Or did you refer to some other word?

samdive said:
the problem is that in the UK you can't buy anything below 1kg
Exactly my problem here in Ireland.
So I got a couple of moulds from Adrenaline which only cost $28 AUD or so and made a few hundred pounds of weights.
The lead I got for free by scavenging from roofers etc.
I sold the heavier 3lb + weights to a LDS and kept enough for a good stock for me and mates= always handy if someone drops a belt.
and I like to think that If someone came over here they wouldn't necessarily have to bring a ton of lead with them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…