• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving weights

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Look at the videos of KARS (100 m DNF) and Stig SEVERINSEN (166 m DNF)...

they swim with a single bathing suit and have a strange necklace : it is a bike tyre with lead within (2.5 kg for Kars and 3 kg for Stig...)

i didnt see any rob allen weights on that site......whats different about the weights from normal ones?

I bought some moulds from Adrenaline spearfishing in Aus.
and made as many as I needed and sold the rest.

the problem is that in the UK you can't buy anything below 1kg - although I got some 800g bullets from Portland Oceaneering and Howard at freediver now makes smaller ones too

howard@freediver.co.uk

or buy them online - www.immersion.nu have nice ones!

S

quasimoto said:
i didnt see any rob allen weights on that site......whats different about the weights from normal ones?

I'm not sure if they are Rob Allen, but here are the weights I got from Florida Freedivers. They weigh 1.5 pounds each, which I find convenient for trying to fine tune my neutral depth by a few feet at a time, and they are nice and clean and snag-free. As you can see, the rear wall is thinner than the front wall, and you can tap it lightly with a hammer to fix the position of the weight on the belt.

Attachments

• float on belt.JPG
    float on belt.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 179
  • weights.JPG
    weights.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 166
samdive said:
the problem is that in the UK you can't buy anything below 1kg

so surprising ! I bought today one 500 g weight to put on a belt and an ankle weight of 500 g that I can attach at my neck...

subaquaticus said:
I am so sorry I do not understand this word... (I beg your pardon, I am french)

Which word? If you refer to "Rob Allen," that is a brand of equipment made by a South African company. They make spearguns, floats, and other accessories, but I have my doubts that those lead weights were made in South Africa and shipped to Florida. I think its more likely that they were something that Mike Damms, owner of Florida Freedivers, had made locally, but that's just a guess.

Or did you refer to some other word?

samdive said:
the problem is that in the UK you can't buy anything below 1kg
Exactly my problem here in Ireland.
So I got a couple of moulds from Adrenaline which only cost $28 AUD or so and made a few hundred pounds of weights.
The lead I got for free by scavenging from roofers etc.
I sold the heavier 3lb + weights to a LDS and kept enough for a good stock for me and mates= always handy if someone drops a belt.
and I like to think that If someone came over here they wouldn't necessarily have to bring a ton of lead with them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT