• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving Western Australia in Feb

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

buriedmirror

Jan 30, 2005
I'm visiting Perth Feb 8 for about a week and would like to do some freediving and spearfishing (experienced at the first, novice at the second). Drop me a line if you live in the area and would be up for showing me around, or just saying hi, I don't know anyone there.

Robert
robert.lee@aya.yale.edu

Last edited:
Hi buriedmirror
Until I joined this forum I thought I was a free diver until I found out they dive down to the centre of the Earth and stay down for 3 days and 45 minutes. So what I have done I will consider snorkling.
Spearfishing is not a big sport here because all of the places you can spearfish in the metro area have been declared Marine Parks where spearfishing is banned. However if you want to rip the guts out of a fish with a hook feel quite welcome.
A local street directory indicates the marine parks the closest to Perth would probably be the Cottesloe Marine Park, going north the Marmion Marine Park.
There has been a few Shark attacks at Cottesloe so marinate yourself in Garlic & Oyster Sauce before you go out, they like that.
If you have some time to spare 1 1/2 hours drive to Binningup Beach (South) there is a reef not far from shore, spear fishing allowed, only been 1 Shark attack lately, so should be fairly safe.
Just as long as you can put up with the Aussie sence of humour you should be pretty right.
Have fun.
Poida

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT