• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freediving wetsuits (Europe)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Golfinho

NoFundo DoMar TemDinhiero
Aug 31, 2004
Freediving wetsuits

Apart from Elios does anyone else know of wetsuit suppliers/manufacturers in Europe that make wetsuits (made to measure) for freedivers?

I think SEPA has does. They are supposed to have a branch in Italy in the same area as Elios. Not sure what they do there but I know that their Israeli branch makes custom made.

Also I think Scubapro sells custom made.
I don't have any site adresses, sorry. :)

Thanks all for that info, I've never had a freediving wetsuit, do you really need them made to measure or are the ranges of sizes usually close enough for a comfortable fit?

Anyone know of any wetsuits that come in different colours, alot seem black and look like a gimp suit or something!!!

pretty sure you need it custom made - and some of the places are pretty honest. I mailed all my measurements once and they called me back and told me I fit their off the peg perfectly - so its worth asking

I think Cressi also make them to measure
but really Elios just seem to be way ahead of the others
S

My highest recommendation would be a custom fit Heiwa medium density, opencell interior/nylon exterior suit from Elios. You could pay more for an off the shelf suit- Elios is great value.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Elios can make a suit with different coloured outer finish and also different coloured stitching - and different coloured logos....

Best to email them with your specs....

They are honest and markedly more so than the local surf shops here that want £240 for a quicksliver wetsuit .... hmmmm bit of a 'fashionable' price .... Or the bargain price of £180 for last years model...

Made to measure makes SOOOOO much difference. I had a surfing suit and I could stay in for 45mins max in the sea at 12 degs C. With a custom 5mm I can stay in for a good couple of hours. I get cold at work sitting still for more than an hour and that's in normal office temps and with loadsa clothes on....

Custom takes cold out of the equation.

i just bought new suit from sea-tec and i stayed in the water more than 4 hour with 5.5mm suit in 15 celcius degree of water without any sign of cold... i tried few off the shelf suits befor but none could fit me, so i bought one custom made 3mm for summer from Spiro (diveskin.gr) which is great suit for its price, it really do the job. But this latest sea-tec suit is the first suit which fits me off the shelf and it superior quality with very very strechy neoprene. Titaniun coated inside (i even wore it without lubrication, not recommended though), nylon camo outside, strange cutting. I guess its anatomical cutting??? no titanium coating at the edges of the hood for better sealing. Water tight seals on wrists and ankles... Really great suit, much better than any other OMER off the shelf suit i saw before and tried before...

Last edited:
I have a Top Sub 5mm heiwa suit. It is ok, I like it, made by individual measures of course.
My teammates have Polosub, and they like it also.

Elios can make a suit with different coloured outer finish and also different coloured stitching - and different coloured logos....

Unfortunately, they cannot make it without logo. :(

Seems we'll have to email old Elios and clarify this one...........

Don't they do any normal colours like light blue or grey???? it seems to be black or camoflage....

Golfinho - you need to mail Elios.
They only advertise some colours on the site

You can get black, camo AND grey / olive and so on - email them, they have the answers.

Cheers
Ed

Did email elios sub, thanks and they were very helpful with suggestions and info about colours, logos etc. forgot to ask them if they do wetsuits without logo though, maybe someone else can ask them....

Well if they can tailor make a good fitting efficent freediving wetsuit in 10 days then I won't begrudge them a little free advertising.

It's interesting to hear about other companies too that custom make wetsuits, so post them here if anyone knows of any not listed so far.

Muito obrigado............

axe!!!!!

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT