• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Freeze-a-palooza 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who will be Attending the 2010 Freeze-a-Palooza?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007

When: February 7th, 2010 10:00 am

Where: Lake Nagawicka, Hartland, WI Yacht Club- Beach House

What: Freedive through the ice. COLD, FUN, FOOD, COLD followed by more cold.

What to Bring: A Dish to pass, Beverages, your Family/Friends, Dive Gear.

Price
: $10 plus a county park sticker (I think it was $5 last year). The $10 is to cover the cost of the Beach house which is awesome! Hot Showers, electrical outlets, Warm place to stay. (The $10 is per diver not Per Person) If you don't plan on diving you don't have to pay- Unless you really want to.

Everyone is welcome to attend - Although we do not want 'bubble watchers' in the water. As space is limited in the holes. I ask that you be able to dive to at least 30-40 feet to be a diver at this event. It is still a great time and we can use all the help we can get. Alot of fun times is had above the ice also!!!.

Attachments

• group hole2.jpg
    group hole2.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 213
  • PIC_0711.jpg
    PIC_0711.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 215
  • PIC_0725.jpg
    PIC_0725.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 210
  • PIC_0741.jpg
    PIC_0741.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF1972.jpg
    DSCF1972.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited by a moderator:
Since this is my last winter in the Arctic climate:t I should definately be there.
Since my 5mm suit is ripped and 3mm suit is too thin, I am doing no suit this time:martial
Let's kick some a** boys!

One day.... I will have balls big enough to withstand the shrinkage factor and make the trek out from Hawaii....but not this year.

Looks like a fun time though, Not that my vote or opinion means a damn but Ive always been intrigued.

Good Luck

Last edited:
One day.... I will have balls big enough to withstand the shrinkage factor and make the trek out from Hawaii....but not this year.

hey blaiz,

it's not this year, it's next year, come

Or next one after this I say we hold the Freeze in Hawaii. It's in Feb. 72 degree water is cold to them and we don't have to take chainsaws! And we can extend it to be over several days rather than hours!

Hey Chris,

If you're buying, I'm flying! ;)

Jon

Also, plans are being made for the no suit dive portion of the event again this year. I (at this time) am planning to participate. While it's a bit of a laugh, there are serious things to consider when doing this. Even re-warming can be dangerous. Knowing who might do a no-suit in advance would be nice to know so we can be organized. If it's colder outside this year, it will make things tougher than last year.

Also, plans are being made for the no suit dive portion of the event again this year. I (at this time) am planning to participate. While it's a bit of a laugh, there are serious things to consider when doing this. Even re-warming can be dangerous. Knowing who might do a no-suit in advance would be nice to know so we can be organized. If it's colder outside this year, it will make things tougher than last year.

Like I said Chris, not this year, next year:)-Feb 2010
I am in 100% or I am not nostres.
If it gets too cold we can have warming tent with heater right over the hole

Or next one after this I say we hold the Freeze in Hawaii. It's in Feb. 72 degree water is cold to them and we don't have to take chainsaws! And we can extend it to be over several days rather than hours!

I just experienced my coldest dive so far... mexico, baja, 68 degrees!:blackeye And that was friggen cold! You guys are nutz! But like I said... I am intrigued... one day... one day...

I cant wait, i will do my best to suport this event this year. a couple of my pals were just called to duty, so unfortunately i will have to carry the torch for them. but i will still have afew others with me. and we will bring our gear. we are amatures by far compared to you guys, but again, we are coming to have fun... thats it. id love to get some ice vids for my online collection of freediving vids. im backed up in posting vids also as my comput got slow coverting files this year. not sure why.

enjoy my humble link.
YouTube - MNtwincitieswaters's Channel

baja, 68 degrees!:blackeye And that was friggen cold
up here 34 deg is cold. thats needles and pins to the exposed portion. but dressed its doable. 34 is rare though only late fall before freeze up will it ever get that cold, and only after wind has pushed the colderest water to that side, or if your in a shallow creek close to freeze up(Crystal clear at that time!:)...)

My buddie and I would like to come and watch.
We have been wanting to try this for a year.
I have family in Madison that will be fishing then.

My buddie and I would like to come and watch.
We have been wanting to try this for a year.
I have family in Madison that will be fishing then.

You are welcome to come and watch. We warm up and eat after the dive with a potluck.

say about the county park sticker...does anyone know if a wisconsin state park sticker will work to get in to the park?...

State park sticker won't work- it's a county park.

I'm not sure how close they check in the winter time.

Jon

****************EVENT IS CANCELLED**********

Was unable to reserve the beach house, we cannot do it without it. We will have to look at the possibility of rescheduling. NOT SURE YET.

Sorry

It sucks we couldn't get the house, but how about we move the event and do something else instead?

I vote for moving it to the Yahara river and call it SWIM-A-PALOOZA. We can get a few cars together to shuttle divers and do the whole river- a bit over a mile long. We start up at the locks and go all the way down to Lake Monona. Afterwords is time for food and beer at one of the fine local establishments. :friday

The weather is supposed to be great and the water is clear. I know there's a ton of crap on the bottom of that thing and who knows what we'll find. :confused:

There's also the chance we could end up at the outlet and slay some fish after lunch. :martial

Jon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT