• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Friday morning dive

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
started out.. with 1000s of baby red-toothed trigger (the small light blues ones) and a few of their parents (the larger dark blue ones).

we were on the outside of the atoll, with approximately 30 metre visibility.

Attachments

• diving 1.7.04 015a.jpg
    diving 1.7.04 015a.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 308
and then..

along came a marbled stingray, minding his own business.. couldn't get a very decent shot

Attachments

• diving 1.7.04 004.jpg
    diving 1.7.04 004.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 329
and to finish off at the end

a squadron of 12 eagle rays...
they were at 40m and i did the no-no of leaving my depth of 15 and shooting down there to get a pic... didn't go over 30m though.. my computer was bleating at me!
couldn't get close enough.. but close enough to appreciate their beauty..
they were spotted eagly rays, with two different colour variations.

Attachments

• diving 1.7.04 019a.jpg
    diving 1.7.04 019a.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 277
More fantastic photo's! how's the monsoon going? I hope youre not having a perfect time of it because here in England (In June) the weathers been rubbish,

yours enviously, David

very monsoony at the mo'
on friday the waves were quite high.. doing back rolls off the boat was a laugh!

howling winds right now... and for the last three days.. i'm pleased because my airconditioning was broken for two days and it was boilin'. the gas had leaked from the system (now how did that happen? it's new!)

island life *sigh*

Reactions: Pekka
Sigh...gotta get over there!!! Nice pics Sara.

Adrian

very cool pictures.. Wonder howcome I dont even have airconditioning in my house here in "tropical" England.. you'd think summer ment some sunshine every now and then.. even here at the blackhole of the bad weather zone....

Keep posting cool pics.. makes my day when I read my mail and hear the rain beat the windows...

Pekka

"you'd think summer ment some sunshine every now and then.. even here at the blackhole of the bad weather zone.... "

Aw, c'mon, Pekka, the BBC is constantly running alarmist stories of the heat waves in the UK, global warming will drown us all, new bugs are colonizing the island because things are so much warmer. :head It's got to be hot over there. Would the media lie? ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT