• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

From NY --> FL

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TFS

Apr 28, 2016
Hello everyone, I recently moved from New York to Florida (Orlando Area) and I first visited Blue Spring State Park and immediately fell in love with the clear spring. I later discovered the many springs of Florida and have recently taken on freediving interests and been traveling to various springs and experiencing some of the most amazing moments I have yet to have in my lifetime. I am extremely new to freediving however not new to the water. I have been a life guard for years (still water and ocean) and I trained with some of the best Special Operators in the water. The water is my second home on a comfort level and I will only now be able to truly experience the beauty of caves and such. I am new, and I have been reading these forums for weeks now and figured it's time to become apart of this community. I greatly look forward to conversing with all of you and potentially meeting and diving with some as well in the future. I am excited to be here and can't wait to get involved with everyone.

-Joe

Welcome to Deeperblue! Feel free to make yourself at home. If you're looking for dive buddies, I recommend that you reply to other Intro and Greets threads or peruse/post in the USA/Canada subforum. Lots of Florida folks have posted, so you have a good chance of finding someone.

Glad you could join us :)

Thanks BatRay for the warm welcome. I will be sure to check out the subforum to meet some divers. Thanks

Welcome to DB, TFS.

Blue is a fun place. Look for Scott, another DBer, he's often there Saturday mornings first thing. You can find him with that handle on DB.

When you get a chance, North Florida has some great dives, Troy, Morrison, Orange Grove, Jug, just to name a few of the well known ones. Orange Grove is particularly nice, once past what it usually looks like from the surface (a nasty, green, duckweed covered hole)

Connor

Thank you cdavis, I will more than likely visit all the springs and locations by summers end. Orange Grove looks like a hidden gem and would love to meet with some people to discover the true beauty of that location. I have so far visited Blue springs several times and also visited Alexander Springs and my favorite so far Ginnie Springs. I will look for Scott as recommend as well. I am truly taken back by the beautiful waters that Florida has to offer and look forward greatly to exploring the depths of nature underwater.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT