• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Full moon at Clear lake

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

orfreediver

Jun 17, 2004
For those who are interested I am thinking of heading up to Clear lake on the 19th or 20th of August for a full moon dive. If you are interested let me know.
-Come on people I don't want to do this one by myself-

-Derek (manofbio13@yahoo.com)

I just wanted to let everyone know that you missed an incredible experience. I think that every time I dive at Clear Lake I see something amazing and this was by far no exception. I really wished that I had a video setup for this dive but that will come latter.
Two people ended up showing up for the dive, one from Eugene and another form Portland. I drove up with the gentleman from Eugene and we met the other person at the lake. We did one early dive so we could check out some gear that had been purchased and then waited for darkness. When we started our second dive the moon hadn’t quite made it out but the visibility is so awesome there that it didn’t matter. We headed for the cold side of the lake (better vis.) and dove the rowboat then the lava “wall”, where I hit my best 49’. We got kind of cold (around 38 degrees) so we headed back for the warmer side of the lake and by that time the moon was hitting the water, this was pretty amazing. We did not need lights at all by this time but I would recommend using chem. lights just in case (thanks Rick).

I would love to do this dive again so if anyone is going out to do it, let me know we would love to tag along. I will also add that doing this dive anytime would be just as much fun, ALMOST no need for lights.

Next time lets have more people, what do you think?

-Derek

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT