• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Full video of 200m dynamic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

O'Boy

Aug 27, 2002
I was looking for this video for a long time. At last... 20 MB of Peter Pedersen's unbelievable dynamic!
You can find it at http://www.danskfridykkerforbund.dk/08comp/01dis/uk/dis_uk.htm
I did some analises too.
We all know that it took him 2,02 min. I was wondering about his pace during his swim. There it is :
1st 50m - 30,32sec.
2. - 31,72
3. - 29,93
4. - 29,86

If I'm right than he did 26 strokes/50m in every 50.

i finally downloaded the video!

it's a great video. what an incredible dive!
i would like to see Stig's 166 too if it's available.

that is fantastic! thanks for adding the link

I don't know how were you, but when I first saw it I felt such energy and motivation for training dynamic that I went emediatelly to our pool.
I think that it could be a great motivation for some divers like it was for me.
I was looking for that Stig's video too but wasn't succesful. Hope to see it anyway.

Glad that people are exited about the video, the credit should go to Peter himself who has played with music and editing.
I'm working hard on getting something similar from Stig's 166m without fins published, but that goes a bit slow. It depends a lot on Stig and he's on his way to Venezuela right now, I think...

Chris Engelbrecht,
Webmaster for the Danish Freediving Association

Incredible video! It gets you in the mood to train! Incredible monofin technique as well. I showed it to a guy at work. He expected Peter to come up at 100m. Then, seeing the turn at 100m, he for sure expected him to come up at 150m.... (he didn't know it was going to be 200m).

The crazy thing is that Peter looks like he's using no energy, doing very little, and yet his split times (and total swim time) show that he's actually going very fast.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Best monofin technique i have EVER seen. Wow, pure art.
Got some russian monofin training videos at home but this beats the crap out of all of them.
I realy wonder what he would be dowing if he went vertically instead of horizontal......
Are we looking at a minus 100M candidate here ??
(If he has no problems with equalisation of course.)

Greetzzz,

Glenn

Could it be possible that he did it with WW Long distance fin?!
Those footpockets he's got are soft (black&blue combination). I've got them on my WW LD.
To increase my pace, I went for WW MD but that fin has a lot harder footpockets (blue combinatons).
The pace he's doing with a soft mono? UNBELIEVABLE!

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the kind words to my dive/video. I was very determined to make the full lenght video with the correct times,
so I´m glad you like it...

My mono is a Waterway mod.2 medium hardness.

Constant weight? Never trained it much, so I´m still in kindergarden there.

Regards...
Peter P

Reactions: Alun
If you star to train CW, and you success in equalizing, I can't imagine how far will you go.
Why you don't train that discipline?

We have lousy constant conditions in Denmark; the deep waters are few and usually filled with either currents or traffic or both. Really good places for constant training, like 50m+ quarries are away in either Northern Germany or Southern Sweden. The Swedes and Norwegians have much more luck with their natural waters, usually being deep rocky cliffs or deep natural lakes.
The Danish geology I think is the main reason we see master pool divers, but no master deep divers so far, otherwise the will of effort is definitely present.

Chris Engelbrecht, Copenhagen

Hi Jero,
I don't remember the link exactly
I think is in the danish web page.
I'll look for it and tell you.
If don't PM and I'll send it to you.

I looked the video again and he made almost 160, now I'm not sure if that was the record video, anyway is an extraordinary dive I get breathless seeing it the url is:
http://www.planetfreedive.com/Untitled2.mov
You better use a download manager like getright because the file is 16MB

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Stig attempt around 135m? 5 lengths + almost 1/2 length.
Very impressive, can't wait to see the 166m attempt.

Do you guys get any sound/music on the Stig video??

Nice monofin swiming there, Peter!! It looks so smooth and easy

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT