• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

g'day from perth western australia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

aussie1

Feb 21, 2011
hi there everyone. Nathan-36. i've been diving for about 20 years but only to about 15m max. now want to get serious and go deeper.maybe 30/35 for spearfishing. excellent spearing opportunities here!
quick question, is going deep a gradual thing or can i just go straight down as far as my lungs and equalisation allows me? the only reason i haven't gone deeper in past is because of lack of opportunity and no buddy to make it safer.
i have now joined a local club so opportunity to go deeper will present itself rather shortly. thoughts?

Hello and welcome, I am in Bunbury (2 Hours south of Perth) Havent been freediving too long so i dont really know the answers to your questions but thought i should say hi.
cheers

Hi guys,

The best thing you could do is get yourself onto one of Erez Beatus' Apnea courses, google Apnea Australia for details. He has relocated to WA now, lucky for you guys. You'll learn bucketloads.

Cheers,
Ben

Hello & welcome on db... I add my voice to Benny get a course with experienced ppl u'll do it safely

All best
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for the intro guys.

just a querie though. what can they teach me at a course that i wouldn't have already read about or that an experienced spearo at the club can't teach or show me?

cheers everyone!

Welcome from Texas! Good luck on your goal and dive safe.

Hello again

Well u may learn by urself but Wat can make u sure that u r applying Wat u read 100% correct... And most important u will get an experienced buddy whom u can rely on... I am sure there are many reasons to do so specially it is something related to our lives...

B safe & all best of luck
Posted via Mobile Device

G'day,

Thought I would say hello here too. I am from Perth as well. I am a bit of a general fitness enthusiast and not long ago got into free diving as another way of staying fit. For a while I was doing it without any gear at all and not too long ago pinched a pair of pretty dodgy snorkling flippers and mask from a mate. I didn't realise how much fun I would have though and am looking forward to taking it further.

I have dived down to 20m guaged by my mates suunto dive watch and have a static time of a bit over 3 minutes which I am pretty happy with at this point. Looking forward to learning more and seeing what I can get to.

I have heaps of questions for the forums about equipment and such which I will write later but for the moment just wanted to introduce myself.

Cheers,

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT