• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

G'day from Perth

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rickard

Apr 19, 2006
G'day everyone, my name is rick. I live in perth W. Australia and am just getting into free diving. I have found a certain pleasure in swimming down to the octopus's garden and being a visitor on a breath.
this truly is an awesome forum made possible, i am sure, by awesome people.
if your ever in the west drop me a line :)

cheers, Rick

Hi mate,

My names Haydn, also from Perth. I also just recently got into freediving and spearing. Im having a good time, unfortunately I dont have a boat, which would make life alot easier me thinks. I also windsurf and actually started free diving as its something to do when there is no wind. I used to scuba dive, but havent got enough money for kit, so freediving is a cheap alternative, and I often prefer it where it isnt too deep. Send me an email, maybe we can go for a dive sometime.

Catch ya

Haydn

Hi Lads

There are quite a few Perthies on this site,

Maybe ill see you in the green room one day

Crusty

g'day fellas,
even though i m not from perth, but i thought i might drop in and say hello see there arent many aussies around.
i started off as a scuba diver and i have always love the water so i m kinda interested in freediving as well, only elementary.
anyhow, nice to see yous around.
kenny

G'day fellas,
I'm also a Perth freediver. I've just joined a local spearfishing club and have since been getting out on the water a lot more. There are a couple around,so look 'em up and see which one suits you.

Kmo

Hey,

can u drop same names of some clubs. Would love to get out. Do you need a boat. Hopefully have a boat by the end of the year (my old mans) but maybe not. If not when I finish uni. (2 years). I think my mate and me would be pretty keen to do some more spear fishing and diving. We aint real good at the moment, need some target practice and some work on breath holds, but we are enjoying ourselves heaps already.

Cheers

No worries. Two of the clubs I know about are the Living Water guys who are based south (maybe Rockingham, maybe not so far, I'm unsure) and the Bluewater Freedivers who are based in Hillarys. I think there is at least one other club, but I'm not too sure what its called.

I've joined up with the Bluewater guys. I've put a post on the board about my first trip out with them on the spearo board.

Send me a PM and I'll let you know when and where the next meeting is (when I find out).

I don't have a boat myself, unfortunately, so the best way to go might be to come to a meeting and meet some people who can invite you out.

Hi Guys,

just arrived in Perth from the UK. Moved out here for a couple of years with my job but mainly accepted it so as to get some better spearfishing/freediving in. Been going out for a couple of years in the UK but hoping someone might be able to show me the way out here in WA so that I dont get in trouble with the law or anything that is goign to kill me.

KMO, noticed your photo of the sharks at Karratha.... I am heading up there to work for a couple of weeks next month, I'll see if I can dodge them....

Hello,
I am an american fishing guie-free diver based out of Central New York State.
Perth? Does anyone fish with an alvey Alvey? My angling firm uses these reels to war with some awasome fish. Are speciality sits with the American Coarse Species(Carp-catch-photo & release or ,selective harvest).. We specialize in American, Euro., Aus. and African side casting angling equiptment.
Free diving and angling? Yep we gear up and swim our gear (baits or oourselves) to the rocks, weed beds,sand bars break walls...we want to fish and tuly enjoy ourselves. Masks on and follow the fish...
From the many Aus. angling books I have Perth looks awasome! I'll be down some day...
Conger.....

Welcome, Rick. I hope you enjoy your stay here at DB. It's great fun :D

Hey DevonDiver. Have a look at the West Australian Fisheries site at http://www.fish.wa.gov.au/ . This site can be pretty hard to get around, but it will give you an idea on how much of what fish you can kill, and seasons for abalone and crayfish. Alternatively, send me a pm and I'll try to get you out on a boat sometime. I go out nearly every weekend, depending on the weather.

Hey guys! just logged on again for the first time in a few years!
Althou im not from perth, i am from aust.
nice to see lotsa aussies on here :) anyone from the east coast here?
that reminds me... i have to learn to spear fish ....
cheers guys!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT