• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

G'day from Sunny Qatar

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

XJDiver

Jul 21, 2010
Oi oi!
Just found this forum by chance, looks like a great spot for tips and advice. Anyone out here in the Gulf interested in teaming in up, feel free to give me a shout!

Any tips on expanding your lung capacity? Besides holding your breath for set periods of time each day..

Cheers beer! :friday

Welcome from Texas! Other than parctice, practice, prctice...no advice. I' know there quite a few spearo from DB in your neck of the woods.

Last edited:
I'll try to get into contact with them. Will do some Qatar or Doha keyword searches on the forum. Texas? Great, I've applied to Grayson County College. Hopefully I'll be able to continue my new hobby during my studies!

Heads up! My dive buddy is flying back to Florida in a few weeks and it would be stupid to head out into the water alone. I've got all my own gear, a capable 4wd vehicle and plenty of time on my hands. I'd love to meet someone who's familiar with diving here in Qatar and would perhaps team up with me.
Feel free to give me a shout!

Reactions: getawayFK
Hey buddy;

Out of Qatar at the moment but will return for 2months (october/november - best season) and I got my boat & 4WD. We used to go 2-4 times a week depending on the weather and my partners still go there. However, there are new legislation/regulation on spearfishing there (which Im not very familiar - all of that happened while Ive been out of the country) so check them as fines can be high....

Regards

If you do come to Texas--shout out. It would be fun to get together.

I was in Texas from 28th of June to the 2nd of July and it was messed up man! I was hoping to spend some time in galveston but I recall weather was a mess at this time so I ended up just staying in Houston doing some work. I might come again to TX by the end of this month for couple of days? Any advise on where to spearfish (from the beach?)

99% of the beach/jetty access has really poor viz. PM me for some advice on how to go offshore.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT