• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

G'day

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Digger334

Aug 29, 2020
G'day from downunder I am looking to add some nice vintage spearguns to my collection.

Nemrod Mini Clipper Speargun
Pulce 40 Speargun

The Nemrod Mini-Clipper could be found some time after the longer guns were unavailable as few wanted to buy one unless they were after the holstered version that had a knife in the combined sheath for the gun. That was the orange handle version. The gun is short with little barrel behind the muzzle and a short tank. The sheath assembly looked good, but was useless as it offered too much drag. The Technisub Pulce is a forward latching gun that shared the ball locking system of the Drago and has the misfortune of being turned into a Star Wars raygun by fans. I never was interested in either of them.

The last of the Mini-Clipper guns had sculpted fingergrip black handles, I saved this photo of one.
Nemrod Clipper black.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Digger334 and Mr. X
... The Technisub Pulce is a forward latching gun that shared the ball locking system of the Drago and has the misfortune of being turned into a Star Wars raygun by fans....
:D I expect that has increased their value.

The Nemrod Mini-Clipper could be found some time after the longer guns were unavailable as few wanted to buy one unless they were after the holstered version that had a knife in the combined sheath for the gun. That was the orange handle version. The gun is short with little barrel behind the muzzle and a short tank. The sheath assembly looked good, but was useless as it offered too much drag. The Technisub Pulce is a forward latching gun that shared the ball locking system of the Drago and has the misfortune of being turned into a Star Wars raygun by fans. I never was interested in either of them.

The last of the Mini-Clipper guns had black handles, I saved this photo of one.
View attachment 56552

Thanks for the info on the Nemrod Mini-Clippers, I have seen a few listed on evilbay missing the holster, I was hoping to find complete units with the holster & knife, I believe there were two versions of holster with the safety strap being one piece & riveted on, not sure if that makes a difference I guess just the change in manufacturing, it's shame items like the Technisub Pulce 40's were chopped up for movie parts, I have WTB posts maybe I will get lucky.

Back in the day these Mini-Clippers in their holsters hung unloved on shop display hooks, there usually being only one on display at any given time. When they came on the second-hand market they were often lightly used or unused as the unit was too bulky strapped to the leg. A much better gun that arrived about the same time was the “Miniministen” that followed the “Ministen” as it floated after the shot, but only just. The “Clipper” construction is too heavy to float, even in the Mini version. The “Pulse”, also sold as the “Pirate”, needed a special notched spear and if you lost it then you would be sunk, whereas a "Miniministen" used a shortened "Sten" spear and Mares, unlike Technisub, carried spares in our market. The "Pulce" has an elliptical tank, hence its squashed appearance.
Technisub Pulce 40.jpg
technisubpistol-old.jpg

Technisub Pulce pneumatic.jpg
Pulce advert.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X and Digger334
Yeah, I researched this a while back and iircc the Pulce is Lando Calrissian’s sidearm. Hence why they are very expensive and highly sought after. To the point where a few people have taken molds off of one and are selling replicas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Digger334 and Mr. X
Yeah, I researched this a while back and iircc the Pulce is Lando Calrissian’s sidearm. Hence why they are very expensive and highly sought after. To the point where a few people have taken molds off of one and are selling replicas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the orange handle version. The gun is short with little barrel behind the muzzle and a short tank. The sheath assembly looked good, but was useless as it offered too much drag. The Technisub Pulce is a forward latching gun that shared the ball locking system of the Drago and has the misfortune of being turned into a Star Wars raygun by fans. I never was interested in either of them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT