• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Gearing up

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sound travels fast, and far, underwater- which is why you can't tell direction, only intensity, while diving.

The good news is that intensity varies with respect to angle - when your ear is 90 degrees to the sound source, the intensity is greater than at 0 or 180 (or 270). So, next time you hear a boat, turn your head from side to side and spend 10 seconds analyzing the sound intensity. At least, you'll know where to look when you surface.

Fleshy,

You might consider using discretion re: verbal reprimands. If I have a point of contrast with my buds, I take it to the PM.

Sorry, there were two of them, and they were both censored. Guess Im a little more along the lines of the guys from spearboad. I wouldnt suggest you go there, they dont even censor.

yea i need a new mask now because kyle broke mine, right now im using waldos.

Last edited:
Brad you used it with ethan...andwhen i got it back it had clay and crap everywhere:vangry

Brad, you should wash your equipment before returning it. Luckily, that lake is not "clay" like ethan and brad suggested, its just marl. (Granted. Marl is VERY nasty stuff, and no good to have on your gear, but its not going to stain like clay might.) So the next time you go diving, or wash your stuff it will come right off.

Yeah we went back to waupaca on the 4th, saw Bob there actually. And your right there is no clay there Ethan and Brad are just dumb.:head

I cant wait to go again, we spent the first 3 hours scouting the lake only speared for like 20 minutes. But it is a beautiful lake!

Yeah, eric told me today. did you talk to jim about those fins?

im sorry im not a freakin geologist that doens't know the difference between,clay and marl, all i know is it was some nasty stuff. and how was i supposed to was it when ethan had them at his house and he was washing them when we left, i guess he did a pretty lousy job on that.

Alright I have a question for a few of you guys. I am a little bit torn right now on which wetsuit I want to purchase. I am deciding between the Omer Green Mimetic, and the Omer Brown mimetic. I know what the green looks like and how it feels (as I've put a few hours down in a suit already) but am unsure about the brown. I was wondering (since we have a few greens in our group already) which of these suits you guys think would work with the lakes around here in WI.

Thanks, Anthony

Reactions: waldo
Hennes!!! Hey I really dont think that it matters around here, green or brown, but we already have two greens i'd get the brown mix it up a little, or you know we will just have three people in the same green...

whatever though it really doesn't matter, whatever you want to do your the one buying it.

Last edited:
I've seen the Brown- and it's nice! Mix it up a little- I hope you're getting it from JIMDOE2YOU. He'll save you a ton of money.

I've decided that I am purchasing the Omer Brown and yes, Jim will be the foremost outfitter in the greater Stevens Point area this year haha.

Jim has facilitated the spearfishing craze thats occurred lately around here. Soon we will have to take that group picture with all of our gear that he made possible so that everyone can get a true idea of how much of central Wisconsin's economy has been sent to Naples, FL. rofl

Soon we will have to take that group picture with all of our gear that he made possible so that everyone can get a true idea of how much of central Wisconsin's economy has been sent to Naples, FL. rofl

I like it! Perhaps at the wazee dive, we can take a photo and send it to Jim for his website.

I like it! Perhaps at the wazee dive, we can take a photo and send it to Jim for his website.

And not a penny of it wasted!

I like it too, but we will have to plan a different event to do it at... I think thats around the time we play Prior Lake HS from MN. Its a big game we cant miss, and all of us that are on here (from central WI) are footballers around here. While at football camp in Mankato last week the guys from my diveshop did a dive at Wazee, and this one dude who wants a job at the dive shop tagged along. Apparently his antics were quite interesting. 1. Dove almost straight to 130 ft, at which point his regulator froze, and went into freeflow... and THEN 2. Takes a speargun and chases a sucker through a group of people getting certified... :blackeye Well thats job security for me I guess... :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT