• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

General Chat

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Simon_Reid

Jan 4, 2007
Hi Guys,

There's a pretty good freediving article in Augusts BBC Focus magazine. One of their reporters came down to the SETT to do an article a few weekends ago and has done a good job of it without all the usually associated hi-drama reporting on "extreme" sports that we get so tired of.

There are some nice pictures too, even some taken by me!

Simon.

Last edited:
I was teaching at the SETT at the weekend with a great bunch of students.

It always amazes me just how good people get in their performances so quickly at that wonderful place. We had some students knocking on the deck plates at the bottom of the tank on the second day.

I took loads of photographs that I should be uploading to Flickr tonight, so that any of you who haven't been there yet can see just how incredible that place is. I never tire of diving there. The photo set will be hidden so if you want to see the pictures please email me at simon.reid@deeperblue.net so that I can send you a "family invite"

I will have a few pics of our last Tribe session up there too.

Regards

Simon.

BIG NEWS FROM EGYPT!

Our very own Anna has broken 3 German national freediving records in Dahab in the Triple Depth competition.

FIM (free imersion) 50m (previous record: 45m)
CW (constant weight) 52m (previous record: 50m)
CWNF (Constant weight no fins) 35m (previous record: 33m)

Congratulations to her and we welcome her back after Christmas when she has promised to come to The Tribe and give us a lecture on the Theory of the Aquatic Ape, and of course tell us all about the Triple Depth.

I am off to Sharm for a week long live aboard tomorrow, (Thursday 25) where hopefully I shall be meeting up with Anna on my off gassing day at the end of the trip.

Regards

Simon.

For those of you without a stopwatch for static apnea, here's a great deal from Maplins. I got mine a few weeks ago and tested it at the pool last session.

At £4.99 It's a good value for money as it's waterproof and has nice big numerals, just right for the low light levels at the Tribe pool.

Maplin > Sport Stopwatch=

Last edited:
Stopwatches.

After a few dunkings, the cheapo stopwatch I posted about earlier has let water in.

I dried it out carefully and reassembled it, making sure the seal was intact and it leaked again.

To give it full marks for recovery, I dried it out again and it's fine, not like the -30m one I ruined in Kalymnos last year much to my disgust! It only went to a few Cms!

Anyway, after discarding the online offers for £100 Seiko stopwatches I have found some proper swimming coach ones.

Mine turned up today and it's very nice indeed. They have a few to choose from, increasing in price but the cheapest is only £17.50 I got the next one up a (DB3) and it has some great features biased towards swimming coaching,

You can find them here.

Waterproof Stopwatches. Buy Waterproof Stopwatches Online

So, if like me you find the tiny stopwatch display on the D3 or Stinger hard to read in the relaxing dim lighting of the London Tribe pool, then this may be good for you.

Regards

Simon.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT