• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Getting Back in Shape

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lehmann108

Mar 25, 2006
My start at freediving has given me a new excuse to get back in shape. I went to the gym today and did the stairmaster for 30mins with my heart rate jacking a steady 152 (remember, I'm an old fart of 52). I was shot afterwards. In the season of my youth (mmmm...16, 17) I ran cross country. It's been awhile!!

Reactions: naiad
Welcome to DB and welcome back to workouts. You will probably feel like heck tomorrow, but keep it up and 40 meters is not so far away. I'm 56 and discovered a few years back that I could not keep doing this stuff without working out. Recently went up to 4 days a week and will add weight training some time soon. More than I'd like, but necessary.

Good luck with yours.

Connor

Thanks man. I had my wife spot me yesterday as I swam dynamics in a pool. So cool to glide right along the bottom of the pool from end to end and back. No stress or strain; no worries. Coming-up very gently for a breath-up for a few minutes and back down again to glide along the bottom. I was in a trance. The Deeper Blue definately has my number...and she's calling!

Just take it easy, its about where you are and what you are doing now. If you try to compare yourself to your youth, there won't be any fun in getting healthy.

Take your time, be diligent and consistent. Its about quality of life. One or two 25 min easy aerobic sessions of swimming or running or something and some calisthenics or weights plus tolerance training is a great program.

And if that blue water opium siren-song gets to be too much, check in with me at my digs in Kona...I have an open invitation to all freediving visitors... I mention it in my journal entry along with a contact email...there is a freediving course there in May and October....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT