• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Getting Level

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jason Billows

Sep 17, 2002
I used to dive with plastic sporasub fins but switched to C4's last season. Before the switch I could breathe up on my back and remain fairly level in the water. Since the switch I find my feet sinking due to the weight of the C4's, leaving me at a 45 degree angle to the surface. This isn't a problem when I'm breathing up, but does become problematic when it's time to roll over and begin my dive.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? What did you do to correct it?

I dive with a 5mm suit and 4lbs on my weight belt.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jason

Try to ask your dive buddy to keep you horizontal in the surface as you breathe up.

You can bend a floatation 'noodle' into a U-shape and put it under your ankles.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Also a thought Jason would be to switch to a neck weight. If you're only using 4lb, it shouldn't be a problem.

I have a 4lb neck weight that I use for dynamic, you can give it a try next time I see you.

Aaron

A neck weight solved my problem of the legs sinking in when breathing up on my back. It was not the reason I tried the weight, but it was a pleasant benefit. Two ankle weights snapped together at the buckles makes a nice, soft, adjustable, neck weight that can be released fairly quickly.

Not legal for AIDA competition though. Somebody mentioned they were going to sew some weight into the upper part of their weight suit to get around the rule.
don

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT