• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

getting outta the wetsuit training and more

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

fjohnson

The land of ice and snow
Sep 5, 2001
Well, it only took me two tries to get outta my new wetsuit, first time I was sure glad my wife was home so I didn't have to go to the neighbors to get pulled out of the jacket :eek: . One more good effort today with a little less worry about stretching and tearing I was able to get out of it. It sure would be a shame to suffocate half way through getting that jacket off. Wouldn't make for good headlines.:waterwork

My son in law said that with all this equipment I've got it sure can't be "Free" diving! I guess I have to agree.

weather update, 20 deg. F. (that's like a minus 1,000 C. I think) snowing and still way to much ice on the lakes. It could warm up fast next week though, melt that ice by the end of april. Come on sun!

Fred

48 F, 8'swells and 40 kts of wind. You're not missing anything by not being here. :blackeye Last time i got out of my suit I was glad your wife was there too!rofl But seriously folks...:rcard

It sounds as though you've got the right mix of conditioner and water going to put the suit on, it's letting the rubber glom onto you without sliding all over. Maybe give the lube an extra dash and see. The thing is with that rubber, you want it to cling- as you go down the stuff compresses and there goes your thermal protection, so they figured to make it up by letting it be form fitting and stretchy. First time I tried a Yamamoto suit I felt like a swedish gummy fish. Never went back to the conventional Rubatex suits except for the working suits.

Throw another log on the fire. Sun's coming up.

sven

I thought the whole point behind practicing static apnea was to be able to hold your breath long enough to get into and out of the top half of the suit. :t

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT