• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

girl goes fishing with 10 fishermen...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
...comes home with 'red snappa' or so confucious says. Here is a pic of Andy with his first red snapper ever. He shot it on my bachelor party trip(the strippers were hiding inside:girlie). Great trip and I will post some other pics later.

Attachments

• andy_snapper.jpg
    andy_snapper.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 737
notice how calm the water is...we are 55 miles offshore! That crap never happens but it has been like that the last 2 times Andrsn hes come here.:head

Nice Red

Wow, that's a nice fish! After seeing some of the fish you guys have landed over there while freediving, I am seriously considering taking a few days and making a trip. I'm thinking possibly sometime next year. I've already commented this to a few guys and I think they would be up for it.

Who runs a good charter up by the rigs that caters to freedivers? What would be the best time of year to go to assure us good viz and smooth seas?

Ah.... yeeeah!

If anyone's interested, please email rigdiver about setting something up. Work screwed me out of this year's ab-grab, but things should be a bit more settled for me soon. I'd love to do another trip. More freedivers out there would be a good thing. :)

Mike knows of a bunch of boats that are familiar with how we hunt. I know they'd be more than willing to do the run with ya. Means they don't have to bother w/ all the gear and deckhands. Just have to dump ya in the water and throw stuff in the cooler for ya. :) I'd imagine nixing all that would definitely cut the costs down.

Anderson

Reactions: OceanSwimmer
...you thought you wanted to come before....check out another first for the A-man, ON THE SAME TRIP! One of 3 on the day...

Attachments

• andy_africanpompano.jpg
    andy_africanpompano.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 666
Snapper season is open from April 21(roughly) until October 31. Early and late in the season are my favorites but weather is sporadic at best. The early vis is usually a less than best but combine that with unmolested fish and the hunting is prime. Late in the season pressure is again less b/c weather patterns become sporadic again, and us rednecks love our deer hunting:D

The middle is hot as hell(june, july, august) but the average weather is much nicer, except for it being peak hurricane season. But I would definately pick one of those months.

Keep your eyes peeled here as yours truly is in the process of setting up rig trips catering to the freediver. There will be day trips as well as multiday adventures....:cool:

end results...

Attachments

• tn_p1010025.jpg
    tn_p1010025.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
I know Fuzz will fix this...

By the way, thats not my bald spot, its a solar panel for a sex machine :chatup

tally for that trip was
6 amberjack
4 red snapper
4 king mackeral
3 african pompano
1 frisky barracuda

"...they say that cat's shaft is a baaad mutha.."

Hey Mike, did they have any Men's T-shirts where you got that one you're wearing in the photo? :t

why do always make fun of my cloths Sven? Sorry we are a little behind the west coast in fashion but geezum....glad I didnt post a pic in my tube top and hot pants....;)

...not as glad as me! :yack

Hey, I looked at the calendar and am going to send the slabs on Monday rather than have 'em sitting in some Post Office over the Sunday.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT