• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

gloves

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

wigma

Jan 5, 2002
I need to get some gloves for cool to cold water, i.e. sub 60 degrees. Picasso's are pricey but my camu suit is incredible. Does anyone have any recommendations for gloves?

Thanks ahead of time for any info.

Regards,

Mark

Whatever's cheap and fits.

Hi Mark,

I agree that Picasso is pretty proud when it comes to pricing their stuff. I think you have to take a look at what you'll be doing, ie, grabbing bugs, crawling around the bottom, just hauling on a line, working a camera... and go from there. Even when I don't intend on grabbing anything, it still seems that I ended up losing a tip or jabbing my palm, so for pretty much everything these days I'm using a cheapo pair of OceanPro 5mm gloves that have no bullshit zippers or anything to leak and jam. I paint on some wetsuit glue on the tips of my left hand's glove, all 4 of 'em and then the seams, and life is pretty good. Going with 7 mm gloves or mitts is pretty frustrating, as there's so much material that you feel like a kid having been caught playing with himself and having to wear boxing gloves to bed...

Not that that ever happened to me you understand; I, uh heard about it from a friend.

sven

missing a digit?

Originally posted by icarus pacific
I paint on some wetsuit glue on the tips of my left hand's glove, all 4 of 'em and then the seams, and life is pretty good. sven

no wonder why you're such a lousy shot. :D

please don't kill me, though if you're really sans doigts. :(

ciao

I have a pair of Oceaner 5mm gloves with a kevlar palm I use for crawling around the wrecks and sunken Locks up here. they seem to be pretty good for abrasive stuff, sure bug hunting wouldn't be a problem. they leak around the seams where the kevlar joins though, little glue might fix it, but I'm to lazy.

Dexterity is greatly improved past 1atm when som compression sets in, they're fine with my Jbl .38 , but a little too bulky for my Beauchat.

Willer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT