• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Glue/adhesive

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BazM

Apr 6, 2020
Hi guys , what’s the best glue for sticking a chest pad onto a wetsuit ?

Reactions: Mr. X
I would think normal wetsuit repair glue. I buy the cheapest per ml available as price and volume varies significantly, I think my current tubes are by dive company Spetton and I was pleasantly surprised how well it works. Strong, black, flexible and elastic. I think Picasso sell something similar, possibly called something like Black Witch.

Note: you can get glue that is made of neoprene. We never did work out if this is the same thing.

Reactions: BazM
Thanks Mr X , think I’ve got black witch for my dry suit . Was hoping it would be a simple answer .

Reactions: Mr. X
Hi guys , what’s the best glue for sticking a chest pad onto a wetsuit ?
I second the recommendation for wetsuit repair glue. A common brand here is AquaSeal. I believe it is a urethane glue and should stick to the woven nylon fabric covering that most wetsuits have. It is a tenacious glue. It is claimed as flexible, but in my experience it can be hard if used to fill voids or in excess. A thin layer under a pad shouldn't be noticeable. A quality rubber cement, such as Bostik or the 2-part glues for hypalon boat repair, would also work well, though I don't know how they would handle the nylon skin. You might have to remove that from the glued areas.

Indeed just recently used wetsuit glue for the exact same purpose and it works fine.
b651e734c6c7433240dd9fbef4eea512.jpg

Reactions: BazM
Aquaseal is too hard. Use wetsuit repair glue, which basically is chloroprene contact cement with black dye.

Aquaseal is too hard. Use wetsuit repair glue, which basically is chloroprene contact cement with black dye.

My mistake. Wetsuit repair glue is what I used.

You mention that it is dyed black. I wonder if you could make a good permanent wetsuit dye by including this repair glue into a mixture of the appropriate coloring agent and a thinner?

Maybe. However, I've used acrylic paint before and it holds for some months of use.

I would love to know what type of paint wetsuit manufacturers use on smooth skin suits. I know of a Greek diving store that sells it in small quantities but i rather make out myself of i would just know what it’s made off....

Someone one this forum must know I would guess.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT