• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Goedemorgen

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Wouter

May 24, 2020
Hallo to all af you.

I am a Dutch male from the Rotterdam area. Currently 58 years old. Scubadiving since 1990 an freediving since 2019.
So fairly new to the freediving thing.
Last year started with SSI level 1.
Started practising with a buddy in a 12/8 (thermocline)degree cold and green colored lake nearby filled with peat, mud, sand, silt, eels and huge pikes.
In winter when temperatures drop too low we go to TODI in Belgium. A big 24 degrees warm and 10 meters deep inside mining silo stacked with tropical fish. Great fun to freedive and scuba there.
Bottomtime not that great :cool:
Max depth 16.3 meters of water and 20 cm of mud. (sorry for the bad vis)
Technique could be better.
But we have so much fun!!!

Greetings from Holland,

Wouter

Zevenhuizerplas Rotterdam area.
1590318425812.png

Nice picture! My only scuba dive outside was in Zeeland. I called it 'mud-crawling'. :D

* en het is al middag!

Nice picture! My only scuba dive outside was in Zeeland. I called it 'mud-crawling'. :D

* en het is al middag!
Haha. Well on a good day Zeeland can be very beautifull too.
And salt water so different fish an plant life.

Hi

Goede avond uit België van en franstalig vrijduiker.

Welcome on ‘Deeperblue’

A less green mood at’Zevenhuizerplas’
=>
=>

TODI : I should go there to live a new experience.

But for green atmospheres, we have our flooded stone quarries.
At ‘La Gombe’ near ‘Liège’ in Belgium … well known to the Dutch.

=> https://vimeo.com/142274793

Red sea, Maldives and Indonesia are much more interesting to film the fauna

More hot ! 33°C at MEMO33 very clear to but without any fish ;-o) .
I had to take the SSI freediving level 2 course to be admitted to NEMO33. It was in 2014, nowadays this condition is canceled.
I’m an AIDA 3*
I’m also 58…but since 20 years ;-o)

=> https://www.nemo33.com/en/dive/freediving-apnea-belgium
=>

Greetings from Belgium,

dcvf

Last edited:
Goode avond uit België van en franstalig vrijduiker.

For not dutch people
=>
=>

But for green atmospheres, we have our stone quarries flooded.

Please clic to see the video => https://vimeo.com/142274793

I had to take the SSI freediving level 2 course to be admitted to NEMO33. It was in 2014, nowadays this condition is canceled.
I’m an AIDA 3*

=>

Greetings from Belgium,
dcvf

Goode avond uit België van en franstalig vrijduiker.

For not dutch people
=>
=>

But for green atmospheres, we have our stone quarries flooded.

Please clic to see the video => https://vimeo.com/142274793

I’m an AIDA 3*

=>

Greetings from Belgium,
dcvf

Hallo dcvf,
I was planning to remain 58 years old for a very long time indeed ;-).
Scubadiving I have been in the RedSea, Bali, Gili islands, Turkey, Greece, Canary Islands, Curacao and off course Holland.
Freediving 1 time on Nusa Lembongan near Bali.
Compared to those places Holland is mostly cold with low vis. Bur also being a mental thing I still enjoy scuba here in Holland very much.
Freediving offers a sort of 6th dimension here. Invisibility:cool: of where you are going to.

Nemo is difficult because you have to have a fairly large group of freedivers and we are not members of a club.
TODI is closed at the moment. When it opens be sure to pay them a visit. Scuba, freediving or snorkeling is all possible.
Packed with a few thousend of tropical fish and some cars, a bar, tunnels and so on.

Greetings Wouter

Hallo to all af you.

I am a Dutch male from the Rotterdam area. Currently 58 years old. Scubadiving since 1990 an freediving since 2019.

Greetings from Holland,

Wouter

Goedenavond Wouter,

In de Rode Zee kun je niet alleen komen scubaduiken, maar ook vrijduiken, en ja, het water is hier wel een tikkeltje warmer dan in het noorden... :cool:
Als je langs wilt komen om wat te oefenen, zien we je graag afkomen, zodra de hele storm over de covid-19-crisis wat gaat liggen. :)
Meer info over vrijduiken in Hurghada, en vrijduiken in het algemeen, kun je vinden op: https://freedivehurghada.com/nl/

Groetjes,

David

Goedenavond Wouter,

In de Rode Zee kun je niet alleen komen scubaduiken, maar ook vrijduiken, en ja, het water is hier wel een tikkeltje warmer dan in het noorden... :cool:
Als je langs wilt komen om wat te oefenen, zien we je graag afkomen, zodra de hele storm over de covid-19-crisis wat gaat liggen. :)
Meer info over vrijduiken in Hurghada, en vrijduiken in het algemeen, kun je vinden op: https://freedivehurghada.com/nl/

Groetjes,

David
Bedankt voor de tip.
Ons vaste plekje (als we kunnen) zit ergens tussen El Quisier en Marsa Alam.
Redelijk afgelegen en rustig ;-)

Bedankt voor de tip.
Ons vaste plekje (als we kunnen) zit ergens tussen El Quisier en Marsa Alam.
Redelijk afgelegen en rustig ;-)
Mooie plaatsen, maar geen vrijduikers daar, vrees ik. Althans geen georganiseerde groep, voor zover ik weet.

Mooie plaatsen, maar geen vrijduikers daar, vrees ik. Althans geen georganiseerde groep, voor zover ik weet.
Klopt voor zover ik weet.
Helaas gooit het bankroet van Neckermann roet in het eten voor ons.

Maar wellicht nog eens tot ziens aan de immer mooie Rode Zee

Hi @Wouter & @Freedive Hurghada - just a gentle notice to keep your posts in English. We only allow posts in English on the forums so everyone can enjoy the conversation and help us be able to keep content moderated and safe for all to read. Hope you can understand. Thanks!

Reactions: Kodama
Hi @Wouter & @Freedive Hurghada - just a gentle notice to keep your posts in English. We only allow posts in English on the forums so everyone can enjoy the conversation and help us be able to keep content moderated and safe for all to read. Hope you can understand. Thanks!
Hi Stephan,
Thanks for the reminder. Don't worry, we were just talking about the places and opportunities for freediving in Egypt. :)

Hallo to all af you.

Last year started with SSI level 1.
Started practising with a buddy in a 12/8 (thermocline)degree cold and green colored lake nearby filled with peat, mud, sand, silt, eels and huge pikes.
In winter when temperatures drop too low we go to TODI in Belgium. A big 24 degrees warm and 10 meters deep inside mining silo stacked with tropical fish. Great fun to freedive and scuba there.
Bottomtime not that great :cool:
Max depth 16.3 meters of water and 20 cm of mud. (sorry for the bad vis)
Technique could be better.
But we have so much fun!!!

Greetings from Holland,

Wouter

Zevenhuizerplas Rotterdam area.
View attachment 56117
A pleasure Wouter, ever dived any of the lakes in Germany?

Best
Anthony

A pleasure Wouter, ever dived any of the lakes in Germany?

Best
Anthony
Hallo Anthony.
No I have not. 50 years ago I swam in the Diemelsee somewhere in Germany. But was not into (free) diving mode then.
I read good reviews about Hemmoor. But more for technical diving (with all respect not my thing)
But maybe sometime. You never know.

Wouter

Hallo Anthony.
No I have not. 50 years ago I swam in the Diemelsee somewhere in Germany. But was not into (free) diving mode then.
I read good reviews about Hemmoor. But more for technical diving (with all respect not my thing)
But maybe sometime. You never know.

Wouter
maybe

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT