• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Going Out To All Auzzies!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

margery0007

Apr 17, 2003
Hey all,

live in sunny england, but going out to Perth in australia for a month to visit my dad. Not one to miss a potential diving oppourtunity, i was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if Perth has a freediving scene of any sort, and if so is it easy to get out on a trip or anything?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey,
I'm a moderator at the Australian Spearfishing forum.
We have a section setup for organising dive buddies and finding new locations. If you come visit www.spearfishing.com.au and click on the forum you can post in the Western Australian section and maybe get a boat trip with one of the guys over there.

From memory I think there are scuba diving boats that go to Rottnest Island and take freedivers too. Or if youre willing to go with spearos Im sure someone will volunteer to let you tag along.

The majority of freedivers are in NSW (Sacha Dench, Walter Steyn etc) but they should be able to help find a freediver in WA.

Walter is known as Walrus on DB so you could ask him?

cheers
Sascha

Sorry,

don't know any freedivers in Perth. I know Sacha had a friend from the UK team that was in Perth at one stage, don't think she lives there anymore, I could ask. I guess just head out with the Scooby's, or the Spearo's. Heard diving in Rottnest Island is really good, that and the big shipwreck are usually the top dive spots people go to when visiting Perth.

Cheers,
Wal

cheers guys for the info, will most probably do what you suggested and find a buddy on a post of something?

will end up with scoobys anyway as am goind out wid my dad, who dives non stop!!

cheers guys

nick

Nick

I know a few guys who freedive near Perth - like Sash said, jump on the www.spearfishing.com.au forums and I'll point them in your direction. PM me if you like with your details (email or whatever) and I can pass them on too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT