• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Gold Coast Freediving Buddies

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Flow

Sep 18, 2005
Hi Guys,
I have just recently joined the freediving circuit and am currently really into dynamic apnea. I am based in Kirra on the Gold Coast and find it quite hard to find people sharing my passion (not only of dynamic apnea but also of freediving in general). Anyway...at the moment I'm training by my self which is really not that great/secure and therfore am scared to push myself to my limits because I don't have any backup/support. My pb in dynamic diving is 100 m with fins (haven't tried it without yet) but I really want to crush the current Australian record of 150m. Yeah I know...I've still got a long way to go...but that's cool...it would be even cooler with a diving buddy!!!
Ok hope to hear from some one soon.
Cheers Flo

hi, I've just moved to qld from melb and was interested in learning more about diving in general, freediving is cool and i also wanted to get in to spearfishing. I'm living in mermaid beach and dont really know where to start so any help or info would be great.........cheers

Shit nearly forgot that I had posted sth up on this website in all my desperation ;-)
Thanks for your links Lachlan, will get onto/into them straight away.
I'm still practicing in the pool everyday and haven't really found someone to join me in that particular thing/event but I recently joined an underwater hockey club which is heaps of fun, trains my lungs and brings me closer to like minded, crazy people.
If you're interested come along to the currumbin/palm beach pool on wednesdays at 7.30 and give it a go!!!
Cheers Flo

Cheers mate.
Definately try those sites as they are all Brisbane based (except ozfreedive). I live in Port Douglas (FNQ) so no training on the GC for me. I have the same problem finding people who want to train. There is a UW hockey team up here but it is 1 hour away and I am only 17 so no car yet. There should be more info on Adrenaline forum about a club where some blokes just did a Freedive course with Wal (walrus on this forum).

Anyway have a dig around and I am sure you will find something.
Catchya, Lachlan

Any Aussie divers know some good freediving spots between Byron bay and Brisi???? be heading that way in a couple of months, appreciate some contacts and info on conditions, got a good mate lives up the Gold Coast that also freedives but he's not from the area so not much info...

Cheers

Last edited:
I'll be based near Coolangatta from tomorrow if there's any freedivers there please get in touch, cheers golfinho.

Hey guys!

Just as was the case for you a few years ago, I would like to get into into free diving but am struggling to find buddies to share my passion for more motivating, enjoyable and safer training. I'm also keen on trying spearfishing. I'm based on the gold coast, but wouldn't mind driving down to kirra and surroundings to meet up with other free divers. Is anybody interested in starting serious training with me? : )

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT